[SOLVED] kunenalatest module blocking FBC

13 years 11 months ago #130545 by proches
Replied by proches on topic Re:[SOLVED] kunenalatest module blocking FBC
Tried the RC3 as well and the problem is still there. But this problem is marked here as solved? I understand you did not develop the module but I do not think is fair enough to advise to either inspect/repair the module or to find an alternative module.

Finding alternative module could mean to others to find altenative forum to Kunena as well as there is no any other module which works with Kunena forum.

In my opinion, if this problem cannot be resolved the best option would be to add a note on the plugin release documentations that there is possiblity of the plugin conflicting with the module. This would enable subscribers to make their own minds instead of advising them to inspect/repair the module or to find an alternative module.

Thanks

Post edited by: proches, at: 2010/04/18 19:05

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130549 by proches
Replied by proches on topic Re:[SOLVED] kunenalatest module blocking FBC
Tried the RC3 as well and the problem is still there. But this problem is marked here as solved?

13 years 11 months ago #130890 by tdk1nc
I must admit that I'm pretty disappointed with the tech support response to this issue. Even though this is the first public release of release candidate software, it appears that the devs are anxious to point the finger at Kunena_Latest and mark the problem as solved, instead of actually trying to solve it.

I'm very willing to work the issue on my end and try to find a solution (which may turn out to involve patching kunena_latest). What I'm missing is any actual engagement from someone who can help me.

I have a post saying that it was a javascript conflict. I've demonstrated that it's NOT a javascript conflict. I've also isolated the problem, and tested to see where the problem manifests itself. I've also tried to recreate the problem with other CB plugins that use javascript.

Isn't there anyone in CB-land who can help me?

13 years 11 months ago #130906 by nant
tdk1nc wrote:

I must admit that I'm pretty disappointed with the tech support response to this issue. Even though this is the first public release of release candidate software, it appears that the devs are anxious to point the finger at Kunena_Latest and mark the problem as solved, instead of actually trying to solve it.

I'm very willing to work the issue on my end and try to find a solution (which may turn out to involve patching kunena_latest). What I'm missing is any actual engagement from someone who can help me.

I have a post saying that it was a javascript conflict. I've demonstrated that it's NOT a javascript conflict. I've also isolated the problem, and tested to see where the problem manifests itself. I've also tried to recreate the problem with other CB plugins that use javascript.

Isn't there anyone in CB-land who can help me?

Trying to fully understand the issue.

Have "we" established that without this module present everything works?

If so, then the problem is most likely related with this module.

As far as I know, the Kunena team has not really officially developed this and a community member has modified the existing fireboard module to work with Kunena. Please correct me if I am wrong. We have brought up similar issues in the past and the Kunena developers have basically responded - we don't know, we haven't officially touched this yet.

If you can find the actual developer, then perhaps we have all needed parties involved to reach solution.

It is really difficult and time consuming to debug someones code.

13 years 11 months ago #130952 by tdk1nc
Hi Nant. Thanks for the note. :)

Apparently the mod developer is semi-MIA. There were various concerns posted at the Kunena forum (and I posted this specific issue over there). The author responded that he was busy, and it would be two weeks(tm). That was a month ago.

Fortunately, the entire mod is around 300 lines of code, and most of that is dedicated to parsing/formatting database results into output. I believe that I'll be playing the role of "mod developer" in this issue. :) I'm not a Joomla dev, so it will take me a little time to get up to speed what the module is doing.

I'm asking that you help me understand what your FBC plugin is doing. I've isolated the problem to FBC's generated JS code not being injected into the webpage. I've located where that happens in the plugin (around lines 227-288 in cb.facebookconnect.php?). My questions right now are

1) You mentioned that this module has caused other conflicts in the past. Is there any place on the forums where I can read about those issues?
2) The function that appears to be sending javascript to the webpage is outputCbJQuery. What's the best place to learn about what this function does (short of reading the entire CB codebase from the beginning)?
3) Are there other plugins that use the same function that I can test? I already tried the registration plugin, and was unable to recreate the issue (registration's AJAX worked fine). However, I'm not sure if this is an apples/apples comparison. Does the Twitter plugin use the same approach to adding javascript? Any others that I can try alongside kunena_latest?

Many thanks for helping me chase down this issue.
-T

13 years 11 months ago #131002 by nant
best approach would be to provide a URL to the home page that has the problem.

then i or you can turn on firefox error console and see what JS errors are produced.

If a JS error is present it will most likely messup any other JS code present on your webpage.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn