[SOLVED] kunenalatest module blocking FBC

14 years 2 weeks ago #129799 by tdk1nc
I'm having this issue too, and moving around the location of the kunenalatest module did not help. However, I believe I've isolated the issue (not the reason behind it, just the issue :) ).

I saved two static versions of my page. CB's facebook plugin was active in both. mod_kunenalatest was INACTIVE on one and ACTIVE on the other.

I then ran a diff between the two files to isolate the differences. I found the following important difference: When mod_kunenalastest was active, CB's facebook module doesn't appear to correctly inject its javascript into the page. As a result, the associated login button does not function (and there are no javascript errors to report).

Just to make sure, I copied the associated javascript from the "working" pages to the "not working" page, and the Facebook connect button appeared to work (since this was a static page, I never completed the operation, so I don't know for sure).

Any other debugging efforts really didn't yield any fruit -- when I turned debugging on, I got several hundred lines of sql queries, but no errors.

Perhaps this insight can shed some light on the source of the problem, however.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129893 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:[SOLVED] kunenalatest module blocking FBC
As advised in previous posts is a JS conflict. CB runs in no conflict so the result of the JS from Facebook conflicting is rather slip to none. This is of course assuming it is NOT Facebooks JS API as we can NOT perform any changes to such JS API. If the Facebook JS API is conflicting you will need to repair the module to not conflict or simply remove it entirely as we can not fix or change Facebooks API (it's provided externally by Facebook).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 1 week ago #129902 by tdk1nc
I don't see how this can be a javascript conflict. Kunenalatest doesn't even insert javascript when it runs. If I, by hand, insert the missing JS code that I found above, the facebook button appears to operate correctly.

I'm very happy to help chase down the issue, but I need some help.

How does CB insert the necessary JS code for the Facebook button? My first thought is to insert that code with the button, instead of at the top of the webpage. I'm looking at cb.facebookconnect.php right now, and I think I see where the code is inserted. I'm just not confident enough in how it works to start moving things.

Post edited by: tdk1nc, at: 2010/04/11 22:19

14 years 1 week ago #130084 by proches
Replied by proches on topic Re:[SOLVED] kunenalatest module blocking FBC
This problem seems to start recently. I had Kunena Latest already installed when I installed Facebook Connect and it worked fine. If the problem is with Kunena module why Twitter Connect work fine whilst the module is enabled?

14 years 1 week ago #130401 by latino
Hi:

I need a solution too for the Kunena Latest posts module and the FBC conflict.

14 years 1 week ago #130424 by tdk1nc
I just tried the RC3, and the problem is still present.

The Facebook Connect plugin DOES NOT inject the required JS code when KunenaLatest is active.

It DOES inject the JS code when KunenaLatest is not active.

If the missing code is copied by hand into a page with KunenaLatest active, the button appears to work correctly.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.238 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn