FBC and IE8 problems

14 years 3 weeks ago #128267 by rivers
FBC and IE8 problems was created by rivers
FBC works in Opera and Firefox, but not in IE8.

When you click on the FB sign in" in thge login module the pop-up comes up and you fill in facebook login info, but when you click connect the web site opens inside the pop-up window, and nothing more happends! The pop-up does not even disappear.

Does anyone have same problems using IE8.

I hate IE8 there are always problems with this browser :S

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128513 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:FBC and IE8 problems
Once you've clicked the connect button the Facebook API Javascript takes over (out of our hands), it's possible the API does not operate too well in IE or there is possible a conflict. It's likely possible there is a JS conflict within IE8 that's resulting in such an issue as I could not duplicate on our demo site here . Please check your browsers error console as well as server error log to see if there is any issues. Please ensure you've configured your application according to the instructions provided via the documentation.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/03/29 19:07

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128827 by rivers
Replied by rivers on topic Re:FBC and IE8 problems
Hi again
I have now checked my server error log, turned of DEBUG to see if there is a JS Conflict. But I can't see anything wrong. I am not skilled enough to know exactly what it is I should look for or how to fix this problem.

I am using the IE 8 Compability Plugin (extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a-design/browsers-a-web-standards/7623) as well. I have tried to turn it off, but then the FBC pop-up does not load the Facebook login at all, it only load's my web-site inside the pop-up.

How can I adress this problem?

14 years 2 weeks ago #128906 by krileon
rivers wrote:

Hi again
I have now checked my server error log, turned of DEBUG to see if there is a JS Conflict. But I can't see anything wrong. I am not skilled enough to know exactly what it is I should look for or how to fix this problem.

I am using the IE 8 Compability Plugin (extensions.joomla.org/extensions/style-a-design/browsers-a-web-standards/7623) as well. I have tried to turn it off, but then the FBC pop-up does not load the Facebook login at all, it only load's my web-site inside the pop-up.

How can I adress this problem?

Please PM backend login credentials and will attempt to find the conflict; please note I am not able to duplicate on our live demo site or locally, which would indicate a conflict of some sort (very likely is JS related). Please note I may need to make changes to your installation and recommend creating a back-up before sending credentials, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 2 weeks ago #128959 by rivers
Replied by rivers on topic Re:FBC and IE8 problems
Hi
Tnx for you help.
I sent you an PM with the info you need regarding my site.
Tnx a lot =)

14 years 2 weeks ago #128969 by krileon
Enabling debug mode revealed fatal PHP errors in your installation. Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting then address all fatal errors as necessary. The following is as I've experienced.

[code:1]
JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1065 - Query was empty SQL=

Call stack
# Function Location
1 JSite->render() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/index.php:79
2 JDocumentHTML->render() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/includes/application.php:168
3 JDocumentHTML->_parseTemplate() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:249
4 JDocumentHTML->getBuffer() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:386
5 JDocumentRendererModules->render() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/document/html/html.php:190
6 JDocumentRendererModule->render() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/modules.php:41
7 JModuleHelper->renderModule() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/document/html/renderer/module.php:84
8 require() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/application/module/helper.php:173
9 JoomlaWatchVisit->insertVisit() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/modules/mod_joomlawatch_agent/mod_joomlawatch_agent.php:65
10 JFDatabase->query() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/components/com_joomlawatch/class.joomlawatch.visit.php:224
11 JDatabaseMySQL->query() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/plugins/system/jfdatabase/jfdatabase_inherit.php:641
12 JError->raiseError() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/database/database/mysql.php:231
13 JError->raise() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:171
14 JException->__construct() /var/www/clients/client1/web3/web/libraries/joomla/error/error.php:136
[/code:1]

Fatal errors PHP or JS can cause the plugin to fail. I have also confirmed users are created, but likely due to errors the page is not refreshed or redirected properly thus user is not logged in. In a second attempt to sing in via facebook the user will login correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn