How does it work?

14 years 22 hours ago #128332 by joey2509
How does it work? was created by joey2509
Trying to get my arms around how the concept works. Somebody comes to my site and given access to my community with their FB login info or is it just that my community can see a users FB info from within my community? I guess if somebody could show me a site where it is working I could get the drift...thanks for the help!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 21 hours ago #128338 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:How does it work?
joey2509 wrote:

Trying to get my arms around how the concept works. Somebody comes to my site and given access to my community with their FB login info or is it just that my community can see a users FB info from within my community? I guess if somebody could show me a site where it is working I could get the drift...thanks for the help!

Front page announcement article has a demo link.

Did you see it?

14 years 20 hours ago #128345 by joey2509
Replied by joey2509 on topic Re:How does it work?
Yes, I still dont get whats going on, when I login with FB info it I just see that I am welcomed as a guest - dont really understand how they work together - sorry I am new to Joomla and CB. Thanks for the help.

14 years 20 hours ago #128348 by nant
joey2509 wrote:

Yes, I still dont get whats going on, when I login with FB info it I just see that I am welcomed as a guest - dont really understand how they work together - sorry I am new to Joomla and CB. Thanks for the help.

When you click on the f-sign-in button you basically bypass the CB registration form and workflow and are automatically registered on the site.

14 years 20 hours ago #128353 by joey2509
Replied by joey2509 on topic Re:How does it work?
That is exciting, only thing that comes to me is that you now get rid of the need for people to go through their sign up ritual and get their info for other members to see. Also, has there been any problem with aloowing FB to partake that you could have a span problem on the site?

14 years 3 hours ago #128429 by nant
joey2509 wrote:

That is exciting, only thing that comes to me is that you now get rid of the need for people to go through their sign up ritual and get their info for other members to see. Also, has there been any problem with aloowing FB to partake that you could have a span problem on the site?

The idea is that most users have facebook accounts and it would be easy for them to become members of your site with just one click.

This would increase your membership growth rate by 40% (according to some studies).

You can still have the CB registration form for other users and the Facebook connect users can still edit their CB profiles to add additional information.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn