Confirmation Email when user uses FB connect

14 years 3 weeks ago #128652 by nfernandez
I have everything installed and all appears to be working. When i did a couple tests, i deleted my own account, then logged in with facebook. Everything seems to work as expected but i didn't get the typical "welcome email" for new users. On the admin side of things i get an email saying there is a new user but it appears the user who sign in with facebook info doesn't get any email confirmation. This is not a huge deal except i don't understand how the user is supposed to sign in without a password? I read that a password is automatically generated but if the user is never informed of this, how do they know what to sign in with next time? I thought it would be nice of the users that sign in with facebook info could get an email confirming the signup and in that email we could send them their temp password along with a reminder to change their password.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 3 weeks ago #128683 by krileon
Users are not sent welcome emails or anything of the sort as at the moment CB Authentication (new to CB 1.2.2) does not provide API for registration of users; thus not all triggers fire.

Users re-login by clicking the Sign In button again, they are to sign in via the Facebook button not Joomla. They've been given random passwords and of course can change as they see fit. It's not possible to unlink the user without them changing their password first (they will be informed of this when attempting to unlink if not done already).

It also will remain impossible to send an email once the API does become available until we've a proper method to obtain a users actual email address. Facebook is very reluctant to provide this and for the time being users are provided with invalid (fake) email addresses.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn