Facebook Connect issues when articles present

14 years 2 weeks ago #129150 by cmbond
I recently installed FB Connect for CB. Works great as long as i do not have articles posted on the front page.

I currently have the articles turned off to keep people registering through facebook but need to turn the articles back on.

Does anyone have an idea why the article portion of joomla would be causing issues with FB Connect?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Post edited by: cmbond, at: 2010/04/03 20:12

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129169 by nant
cmbond wrote:

I recently installed FB Connect for CB. Works great as long as i do not have articles posted on the front page.

I currently have the articles turned off to keep people registering through facebook but need to turn the articles back on.

Does anyone have an idea why the article portion of joomla would be causing issues with FB Connect?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Post edited by: cmbond, at: 2010/04/03 20:12

The facebook connect plugin works just fine with Joomla content - as illustrated on our demo website.

Something else is causing the issue.

Perhaps javascript conflicts/errors on your website.

Please follow Help Us Help You article to debug and post back results.

14 years 2 weeks ago #129185 by cmbond
Thanks for the response.

Well I am just a novice at this. However, the I have the front page articles on the FB Connect does not work. When I turn the articles off it works. the articles i am testing are text only. no html or script in place on the articles.

I also tested FB Connect with articles in a section. The actions were the same as with the front page articles.

I have the base setup with Community Builder (great module).

Any additional thoughts?

14 years 2 weeks ago #129210 by nant
cmbond wrote:

Thanks for the response.

Well I am just a novice at this. However, the I have the front page articles on the FB Connect does not work. When I turn the articles off it works. the articles i am testing are text only. no html or script in place on the articles.

I also tested FB Connect with articles in a section. The actions were the same as with the front page articles.

I have the base setup with Community Builder (great module).

Any additional thoughts?

Just previous comment regarding Help Us Help you article.

And perhaps you can share a URL illustrating the problem otherwise you are asking people to help without turning on the lights.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn