[SOLVED] Facebook Connect/Link Button Not Working

13 years 11 months ago #129845 by ABCDawg
Hello there!

I did a search through the forum on this problem, and found a couple other threads with people experiencing the same thing.

In both instances it was indicated as being some sort of conflict with their template, but then there wasn't any further information on what that conflict might be.

Any chance anyone has a starting point for me with this? I can begin troubleshooting on my own, but have no idea where to begin. I have done a comparison with another site using the plugin (the Afrik-Community site mentioned in another thread), and noticed that the JS link normally embedded in the button is completely missing...

I'm using my own modified version of the "Beez" template on my site, found at www.dawgnet.ca .

Thanks very much for any assistance!

C.Dawg

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/11 20:13

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129855 by ABCDawg
Replied by ABCDawg on topic Re:Facebook Connect/Link Button Not Working
I tried shuffling the order of my System plugins, and this seems to have solved the problem. I'm not sure how exactly, but it did!

Sorry for the trouble.

C.Dawg

13 years 11 months ago #129895 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook Connect/Link Button Not Working
ABCDawg wrote:

I tried shuffling the order of my System plugins, and this seems to have solved the problem. I'm not sure how exactly, but it did!

Sorry for the trouble.

C.Dawg

Most likely the result of a JS Conflict; moving the plugins possibly changed the "order" of which JS is executed which prevented Facebooks JS from being errored out. You should still investigate and discover the problematic plugin.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.415 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn