Facebook Connect not logging in

13 years 11 months ago #129896 by Justinh4
Facebook Connect not logging in was created by Justinh4
Good Day

Here are my error?

I installed the FB Connect Plug-in about an hour ago.
Here are the 2 types of errors I'm getting.
When I try to login using Google Chrome or IE 8 I get

"Session Write Error!"

When I use Firefox and Safari the page refreshes with no change

My domain is unitednationalcongress.org

Would love if you'd take a look at it.

brgds

Justin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #129975 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook Connect not logging in
Please PM Joomla backend login credentials and will take a look. Could not duplicate locally or on live test sites.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130093 by krileon
Have reviewed your site and there is a conflict from one of your installed Extensions. I've disabled the Joomla plugin User - AcyMailing (acymailing), which has resolved your issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #132581 by toolbox978
Replied by toolbox978 on topic Re:Facebook Connect not logging in
Hello,

I seem to be having a very similar issue. I'm running Joomla 1.5.17, and CB 1.2.2. It seems Facebook connect only works if I click on Sign In with Facebook and use that for the first time to create an account.

If I try to Sign in using facebook after account has been linked, or if I am trying to link an existing account, then I get a blank white screen with the error "Session write error!"

I don't have the plugin AcyMailing installed, so there must be something else going on?

The URL is www.givetolife.org

Thanks for your time.

Mike

Post edited by: toolbox978, at: 2010/05/09 20:18

13 years 10 months ago #132670 by krileon
Please examine your installation and disable plugins (CB and Joomla) 1 by 1 until resolved. Such session issues are a result of a conflict from a 3rd party extension.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

13 years 10 months ago #133049 by toolbox978
Replied by toolbox978 on topic Re:Facebook Connect not logging in
I went through and made sure no third party plugins were installed (CB and Joomla) and I'm still getting the same error. Could it be anything else? If you'd be willing I can PM back end credentials.

Post edited by: toolbox978, at: 2010/05/14 09:35

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn