Facebook Connect not logging in

13 years 10 months ago #133077 by r1rider01
Replied by r1rider01 on topic Re:Facebook Connect not logging in
Same issue here if i do an F5 on that page then i get this:

You cannot create a user with this User Group Level. Only Super Administrators have this ability.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133085 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook Connect not logging in
If all 3rd party issues had been ruled out and the session check fix has been applied to remove low level security and issue still persists then the issue is more then likely a problem with how your server has configured sessions via PHP. Please review your PHP Information and provide your session variables (remove any sensitive data of course). We can not duplicate locally or on numerous live environments. It appears to only target a very very small group of people with varied installed extensions which points to server environment problem.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133095 by r1rider01
krileon wrote:

If all 3rd party issues had been ruled out and the session check fix has been applied to remove low level security and issue still persists then the issue is more then likely a problem with how your server has configured sessions via PHP. Please review your PHP Information and provide your session variables (remove any sensitive data of course). We can not duplicate locally or on numerous live environments. It appears to only target a very very small group of people with varied installed extensions which points to server environment problem.

Can you tell me where to get the session check fix?

Also what is the latest version? 1.0 or 1.0RC3?

13 years 10 months ago #133110 by krileon

Can you tell me where to get the session check fix?

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,/func,view/catid,100/id,129090/#129090

Also what is the latest version? 1.0 or 1.0RC3?

1.0; the plugins description should read "CB Facebook Connect 1.0:..."

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #133113 by r1rider01
Ok installed the session fix...still getting the session error...

Basically what im doing is going into the tables...comprofiler_session and deleting my session and in the jos_session table same thing.

i then hit refresh on my site and then try and sign in with fb.

I get the session write error (still) and if i hit refresh again i get the can't create user error.

but my user has been created already :-/

13 years 10 months ago #133293 by krileon
Of course you're going to have issues, your session is not just database based. There are cookies involved too to match the local user with the database user (session). You're deleting the database session which is causing problems with the local cookie. Please do not use such methods to clear a users session... Either use Joomlas internal methods to logout a user (see Joomla Backend user Panel) or clear your browsers cookies.

I get the session write error (still) and if i hit refresh again i get the can't create user error.

What error? Please provide the exact error seen. Please also review your server error log for further details of the on-screen error.

but my user has been created already :-/

Please check your user within User Management and ensure their fb_userid properly matches.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn