Facebook connect (is this the right place)

13 years 11 months ago #130170 by MarkRS
Fabulous idea, looks like it'll be really good, but...

When I try to connect I get the error message

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Now the website I'm using it on (www.nhmag.co.uk) is an addon domain to my main domain, but I don't see anywhere on the Facebook application page that directly relates to this, addon domains are different to subdomains, no?

The root directory of this website has permission 777.

Any thoughts?
I've searched the forums here but not found this error.
I've got CB1.2.2, Joomla 1.5.15, (Facebook 101? :huh: )
I do have Kunena (1.5.11 ) installed, but this doesn't look like other Kunena related errors I've seen mentioned here.

TIA
Mark

PS I've got the Facebook module disabled while I'm working on it, just enabling it for short periods to test it.

Post edited by: MarkRS, at: 2010/04/13 23:47

Post edited by: MarkRS, at: 2010/04/13 23:49

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #130240 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook connect (is this the right place)
Does the error only show when you've Facebook enabled? Doesn't seam to be an issue with Facebook directly. If it does appear with Facebook in use, where? After clicking Connect? After login? or directly after enabling? Please see help us help you within my signature as need further details about your installation and server.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130286 by MarkRS
There are so many things in the "help us help you" I'm not sure which ones are relevant.

I've got green lights everywhere for the CB installation, version 1.2.2 as I said.
CBSubs 1.0.3 as given in the previous message.

The error happens when I try to login in using the Facebook link. This is when the facebook plugin is enabled, of course.

I gave the Joomla versions in the previous message.
Host php version is 5.2.9, it's a Linux server, Apache version 2.2.14.

Can you tell me specifically what else would be helpful to know?

Regards
Mark

Post edited by: MarkRS, at: 2010/04/15 10:27

13 years 11 months ago #130337 by krileon
Sorry can't duplicate your results. Please ensure you're accessing the Facebook login through the domain specified within your Facebook Application and that the ABSOLUTE_PATH/cache/plug_cbfacebookconnect has proper write access as this is where the cache is stored.

As rule of thumb preform all steps possible within help us help you and provide all information asked of you. Surprisingly even changing Joomla template could make a significant difference, which this step is asked of you within the article as well. The idea is to rule out any other 3rd party conflict first. Then examine server configuration/setup followed by attempting to determine if a bug is present.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #130433 by MarkRS
Well, that leads to something interesting.

This is no <JOOMLA>/cache/plug_cbfacebookconnect directory.

13 years 11 months ago #130988 by krileon
MarkRS wrote:

Well, that leads to something interesting.

This is no <JOOMLA>/cache/plug_cbfacebookconnect directory.

That would indicate somewhere the plugin is failing to obtain credentials. Either by way of conflict or misconfiguration. Please enable Debug Mode within Joomla followed by setting Error Reporting to maximum and attempt to connect reviewing what errors are present on screen AND server error log.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.259 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn