CB Facebook Connect and CB Twitter Connect plugins

14 years 5 days ago #130755 by kevvie
Hello,

I have installed the Facebook connect and Twitter connect plugins on our website but it seems to be not working.

Can someone please help.

The site url is

www.parenthood.ie/

Please try to help me.

Regards,
Kev & Sam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 4 days ago #130759 by krileon
Please ensure you've closely followed the installation instructions and properly configured your Facebook Application as well as FBC Plugin within Plugin Management. Reviewed your site and do not see any JS based errors, but is possible you've fatal PHP errors. Please enable Debug Mode and Maximum Error Reporting within Joomla Configuration followed by reviewing your site and clicking the FBC button.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 3 days ago #130895 by cma01
I just installed the latest version of Community Builder 1.2.2 on a new and fairly clean Joomla install.

I've used a Facebook Connect plugin on Wordpress before, and so I'm just trying to get my head around how this CB Joomla plugin works.

The Facebook Connect plugin works, but when I try to register/login with the Twitter Connect, it looks like it is connecting, then when it redirects back to my site, I get an error message "Twitter ID not present!"

Does this only handle registrations and logins and a link on the profile page if it is enabled? The last status/update on Facebook or Twitter doesn't display?

Is there anything that posts on their Facebook wall when they interact on the site? On the Wordpress sites that I've installed it on, if you logged in through Facebook, a status would post on their wall when they commented on your site with a link back to it.

14 years 2 days ago #130977 by krileon

I get an error message "Twitter ID not present!"

Likely result of misconfigured Twitter application; please review documentation closely.

Does this only handle registrations and logins and a link on the profile page if it is enabled?

Yes.

The last status/update on Facebook or Twitter doesn't display?

No.

Is there anything that posts on their Facebook wall when they interact on the site?

No.

At this time it simply allows connection between Facebook and your CB installation. We've plans for other integrations later down the road.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 13 hours ago #131204 by cma01
I've gone through and checked everything on the Twitter application and it looks exactly as the documentation shows. It wouldn't be a file permission issue somewhere would it?

13 years 11 months ago #131308 by krileon
cma01 wrote:

I've gone through and checked everything on the Twitter application and it looks exactly as the documentation shows. It wouldn't be a file permission issue somewhere would it?

No idea, please PM backend Joomla login credentials and will take a look when time permits. It's possible your user just did not synchronize properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.342 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn