Linking only but SignIn still appears

13 years 11 months ago #131245 by startercoach
Linking only but SignIn still appears was created by startercoach
Problem 1 - I have installed and configured both FB and Twitter modules. Configuration settings have both set to "Linking Only". Login module still shows SignIn link for both still. Why? Shouldn't the login module only show those TLink and Flink icons after signing in?

Problem 1a - Ideally, I'd like my users to register by using their Twitter or Facebook creds, but I am also using CB Subs. One free plan, one paid plan. I have not been able to force new registrations to select a plan by using either Twitter or Facebook sign in options. So I settled for "Linking Only" after a traditional registration. I saw your demo site for CB Subs and the fb and twitter options, but not enough config info there shows how sub plans are made mandatory when registering through Fbook or Twitter. If you can help me figure this one out, problem 1 is no longer a problem :)

Thanks for your help!

[MOD NOTE]: Removed images as revealed your private application codes and moved thread to appropriate boards

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/26 21:54
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #131377 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Linking only but SignIn still appears
Setting to Linking only does not remove the Sign In button. What would then be the point? User links an existing account, but can never login with their facebook/twitter credentials. :blink:

In order to achieve what you've seen on our demo site you'll need to require a subscription (disable free registrations in CBSubs global settings).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #131423 by startercoach
Replied by startercoach on topic Re:Linking only but SignIn still appears

What would then be the point? User links an existing account, but can never login with their facebook/twitter credentials.

I thought the idea was that by allowing a user to link only, after a traditional CB registration, that they could sign in using the traditional CB login, but use their twitter or fb creds - since the app changes the CB user id to match those the other site. Guess you still need the password though. So I get it now.

In order to achieve what you've seen on our demo site you'll need to require a subscription (disable free registrations in CBSubs global settings).

You mean like this?

I've had it set this way all along. Still get these messages when trying to register through FB or twitter sign in buttons.
Twitter message

FB message

You can try it yourself and see if you can recreate it.
startercoach.com

13 years 11 months ago #131511 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Linking only but SignIn still appears

since the app changes the CB user id to match those the other site.

Untrue, user_id is not touched. A new field is added to store the facebook_id or twitter_id.

You mean like this?

Please see below CBSubs Settings.

Show subscription plans at registration: = Yes
Allow Free Registered Users (without subscriptions): = No
Create Subscriptions also for free lifetime plans: = Yes

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/04/27 21:53

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn