invalid parameter

13 years 11 months ago #132190 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:invalid parameter

I sent you a link to a screen record showing the error i get. I changed the admin email to prevent the duplicate error but have tried 2 other facebook logins, unsuccessful.

This wasn't necessary; I had already changed the email and successfully logged in using YOUR Facebook account as well as my personal Facebook account.

I can't duplicate your issue locally on testing environment or on your very own installation. Am not sure what to further advise.

Due to Facebook security I can not login to your account again and check your applications configuration. Please review that you've properly configured your Facebook application. The error displayed within the video you provided is coming from Facebooks end.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 11 months ago #132271 by mcornell
Replied by mcornell on topic Re:invalid parameter
I have had 5 people test this and only you and 1 other have been successful. You checked settens and said they were ok so now what do i do? this is the main reason i subscribed!!

13 years 11 months ago #132304 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:invalid parameter
mcornell wrote:

I have had 5 people test this and only you and 1 other have been successful. You checked settens and said they were ok so now what do i do? this is the main reason i subscribed!!

Please understand when instructed to perform a specific task after requesting assistance ensure you've done what was requested. It is counter productive to ask for help then not do as instructed.

As per the documentation and as per the instructions in the plugin it self you had failed to specify the Connect URL. I have logged into your Facebook (as per credentials you provided), configured your application, configured your plugin, and confirmed login via Facebook is perfectly functional. In addition have asked others to test and have also confirmed functional (their users were removed of course).

Please for future reference review slowly, closely, and preferably multiple times the documentation provided to you, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 11 months ago #132309 by mcornell
krileon wrote:

mcornell wrote:

Please understand when instructed to perform a specific task after requesting assistance ensure you've done what was requested. It is counter productive to ask for help then not do as instructed.

As per the documentation and as per the instructions in the plugin it self you had failed to specify the Connect URL. I have logged into your Facebook (as per credentials you provided), configured your application, configured your plugin, and confirmed login via Facebook is perfectly functional. In addition have asked others to test and have also confirmed functional (their users were removed of course).

Please for future reference review slowly, closely, and preferably multiple times the documentation provided to you, thank you.

13 years 11 months ago #132313 by mcornell
First I respect the time you have given me.
Second don't lecture me on following instruction I have followed instruction and when it did't work i installed FBC for Joomla on a second install.

I don't know what is causing this but I STILL get error!
Believe me I would rather be working on my site then spending 3 days on this.

You don't have to be so disrespectful I provided a vide to show you what I am getting to help and allyou did was tell me i did not need to do that. I believe it does work for you; However I did not get any new account notifications and I cannot login using my wife or daughters FB account (they do not have a CB account)
I cannot login with mine and i do have an account (other then administrator)

Advice: Not all people are stupid, I am not the only person to have this problem and so far the support for my subscription as NOT worth it!

13 years 11 months ago #132359 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:invalid parameter
mcornell wrote:

First I respect the time you have given me.
Second don't lecture me on following instruction I have followed instruction and when it did't work i installed FBC for Joomla on a second install.

I don't know what is causing this but I STILL get error!
Believe me I would rather be working on my site then spending 3 days on this.

You don't have to be so disrespectful I provided a vide to show you what I am getting to help and allyou did was tell me i did not need to do that. I believe it does work for you; However I did not get any new account notifications and I cannot login using my wife or daughters FB account (they do not have a CB account)
I cannot login with mine and i do have an account (other then administrator)

Advice: Not all people are stupid, I am not the only person to have this problem and so far the support for my subscription as NOT worth it!

Hi there. Sorry if you found this disrespectful - it was surely not Kyle's intention (nor mine of course). I was one of the people that actually tested this yesterday and it worked just fine.

I just tried it again and it does show an error once more. Did you change anything? Anything at all? Things don't just randomly stop working - its usually a cause by some change.

We really need to pinpoint exactly what is causing the issue. My opinion is that there is something not properly configured on the facebook end of things from your end.

Perhaps you have installed another facebook related application on your end, like the fbc for joomla one you mentioned in your last post? Such information is useful to debug the situation.

I am sending you via private message my skype id so we can debug this realtime and directly - thank you for your patience and I apologize if our postings have been interpreted as disrespectful towards you. It was truly not our intention.

Waiting for your skype ping.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn