not to ask for email

13 years 10 months ago #132076 by loila
not to ask for email was created by loila
is there a way to tell facebook connect not ask for an email adress?

www.vidogg.com

Dedicated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #132106 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:not to ask for email
loila wrote:

is there a way to tell facebook connect not ask for an email adress?

Yes, but please keep in mind that without Email the user will be registered with XYZ@invalid.com; this is NOT a valid email address and the user will NOT receive ANY emails from your site. It is highly il-advised to disable such a feature. At any rate please examine the XML file. Within the Facebook plugin XML file there will be code commented out. Please remove the comments. This will then enable a new parameter which allows control of email requirement or not.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #132146 by loila
Replied by loila on topic Re:not to ask for email
i did remove comments and changed to parameters both "do not ask email" and "request after syc" , but with both of them when i click connect it just do nothing , only the "required to syc" is working :(

www.vidogg.com

Dedicated

13 years 10 months ago #132302 by krileon
Please examine error console in your browser and confirm if error is present or not. It's possible there is an issue with the JS after setting the parameter (JS changes are made to reflect not requesting email).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 10 months ago #132351 by loila
Replied by loila on topic Re:not to ask for email
nope , it just to nothing , no reload or any error message :(

www.vidogg.com

Dedicated

13 years 10 months ago #132373 by krileon
loila wrote:

nope , it just to nothing , no reload or any error message :(

Was able to confirm and has been fixed internally. Please perform the following edit if you wish to not wait for next release.

IN: components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/cb.facebookconnect.php

ON: Line 253
[code:1]
$_CB_framework->outputCbJQuery( "if ( window.FB ) { FB.init( '$facebook->api_key', '$xd_reciever', $api_params ); }" );
[/code:1]
TO:
$_CB_framework->outputCbJQuery( "if ( window.FB ) { FB.init( '$facebook->api_key', '$xd_reciever' $api_params ); }" );

ON: Line 248
$api_params = "{ permsToRequestOnConnect : 'email' }";
TO:
$api_params = ", { permsToRequestOnConnect : 'email' }";

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.224 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn