Where to download both connect plugins?

13 years 10 months ago #134179 by swdis
Hi everybody,

I'm looking for the Facebook and Twitter connect plugin but i can't find any download links. :S

I did read it was open source so i hope there is a project group like with many open source stuff.

Thx for your help guy's.

Greetz,
Rico

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #134184 by nant
swdis wrote:

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for the Facebook and Twitter connect plugin but i can't find any download links. :S

I did read it was open source so i hope there is a project group like with many open source stuff.

Thx for your help guy's.

Greetz,
Rico

Yes they are open source but they are only available to CB Documentation subscribers.

13 years 10 months ago #134194 by swdis
Replied by swdis on topic Re:Where to download both connect plugins?
Dear Nick,

If its only available to members that have to pay then u are not allowed to use the term open source anymore.

Just to let u know the rules of open source:

Open source doesn't just mean access to the source code. The distribution terms of open-source software must comply with the following criteria:

1. Free Redistribution
The license shall not restrict any party from selling or giving away the software as a component of an aggregate software distribution containing programs from several different sources. The license shall not require a royalty or other fee for such sale.

2. Source Code
3. Derived Works
4. Integrity of The Author's Source Code
5. No Discrimination Against Persons or Groups
6. No Discrimination Against Fields of Endeavor
7. Distribution of License
8. License Must Not Be Specific to a Product
9. License Must Not Restrict Other Software
10. License Must Be Technology-Neutral

For the full descriptions go www.opensource.org/osd.html

That you want a payment for an app you made is fine by me, but then its no open source anymore as u can read in the guidelines of opensource.org.

But i'll go look how to get that subscribers access.

In any case thx for the info about where to download it.. :D

Greetz,
Rico

Post edited by: swdis, at: 2010/05/29 14:29

13 years 10 months ago #134288 by beat
swdis wrote:

1. Free Redistribution

Post edited by: swdis, at: 2010/05/29 14:29

Dear Rico,

You missed the "Re" in "Redistribution" in the title of the quoted text.

We are not doing "Redistribution" here, as we are the authors of the source code.

So the above would apply to you, not to us, i.e. you are not allowed to sell licenses or charge for the source to e.g. your customers.

However it's still open-source under the GPL v2, and you are free to give it for FREE to your friends. It is perfectly ok selling your own GPL software as original author. Additionally, we directly provide the sources with the initial sale, at no extra cost, so it is perfectly ok.

Please look up Joomla! website for many documents and discussions on the subject of "commercial GPL". There are also many other good references explaining this.

Thanks in advance for your support to free and open-source software,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn