[SOLVED] Facebook connect ONLY!!

13 years 8 months ago #138033 by educateer
[SOLVED] Facebook connect ONLY!! was created by educateer
I have had a trawl through the headers of the previous posts and couldn't see if this has been asked before - sorry if it has.

I have installed the CB Facebook connect plugin and it works a treat.

I now want users to be ONLY able to connect to my site through Facebook login. I want to remove the CB registration/login text boxes and leave the Facebook button.

Can I do this?

Thanks

Andrew

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/23 19:42

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 8 months ago #138039 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:Facebook connect ONLY!!
educateer wrote:

I have had a trawl through the headers of the previous posts and couldn't see if this has been asked before - sorry if it has.

I have installed the CB Facebook connect plugin and it works a treat.

I now want users to be ONLY able to connect to my site through Facebook login. I want to remove the CB registration/login text boxes and leave the Facebook button.

Can I do this?

Thanks

Andrew

Just change the CB Login module parameter.

13 years 8 months ago #138041 by educateer
Replied by educateer on topic Re:Facebook connect ONLY!!
nant wrote:

Just change the CB Login module parameter.

Thanks Nick

Can you give me a couple of clues as to which parameters may remove the text boxes. I have tried changing several parameters which have removed the 'register' link and so on but the login and password boxes remain.

Ideally I just want to be left with the facebook sigin button.

13 years 8 months ago #138171 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Facebook connect ONLY!!
As far as I am aware you can't remove everything via parameters (can't remove login boxes and its button) and do not believe can easily be done with CSS as there are not specific enough classes for it. I suppose best approach is edit the login module as the change would need to be on a PHP based level. Sorry, can't help with the editing as we don't support core changes. You could also develop your own module that only loads and displays the plugins via its trigger (see the modules core code for how it displays the trigger).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #142582 by ckayfish
Replied by ckayfish on topic Re:Facebook connect ONLY!!
I did this with CSS. You can see it here: www.nunavutonline.com

That is the CB login module in the upper-right corner. The Like button is the FB iframe pasted into the post-text before & after login.

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2010/09/22 03:12

Tips for understanding and solving your issue - Props to Krileon for creating this.
My Opensource CB Plugins: Mutual Connections and MYCB Cookie available here
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

13 years 1 week ago #157554 by mmichaelbiz
Replied by mmichaelbiz on topic Re:Facebook connect ONLY!!

ckayfish wrote: I did this with CSS. You can see it here: www.nunavutonline.com

That is the CB login module in the upper-right corner. The Like button is the FB iframe pasted into the post-text before & after login.

Post edited by: ckayfish, at: 2010/09/22 03:12

ckayfish, the changes you have made look great. Could you give a few pointers of how you achieved this, i.e. which files you changed.

Thank you

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.250 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn