No approval email after FB sign-in for new user

13 years 6 months ago #144325 by bascherz
Generally it appears the FBC registration process is intended to work pretty much the same as the regular registration process with the exception that all the user credentials are snatched from the linked FB account, which of course makes email confirmation unnecessary. The one thing that failed to work on my site was that the moderator approval email never arrived. I tested the site with a new fake user registering the regular way, and I got both the email confirmation and moderator approval emails. So the site's email system is working and regular registration is also.

One CB configuration setting I found to be not set (not sure why as I am sure I set it when I created the site) was the registration "from" email. It was blank. After setting that and repeating the process, I still did not receive the moderator approval email.

The account is created and awaiting moderator approval, but no email was sent to alert me to the fact. This will create problems as I can't continually check the site for new registrations.

Thanks for a great plug-in!

Bruce

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 6 months ago #144345 by krileon
No emails are sent with FBC, we currently do not have a registration API in place. So triggers fired at normal registrations are not fired for FBC registrations, sorry.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 5 months ago #146132 by researchware
Replied by researchware on topic Re:No approval email after FB sign-in for new user
I'd like to second a motion to do something to allow admin notification of Facebook registrations is whatever the next version of the plugin is after 1.1. This is really import to us as well. Even if you can't integrate to the registration APIs, perhps you can just add a quick PHP mailer to the plugin that notified the site admin email address directly.

13 years 5 months ago #146145 by krileon
The plugin is not encrypted. You're welcome to add whatever you want. Once an API has been developed for the registration process then notifications and such will be triggered as we'll update it with that API.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #153951 by connor9220
The twitter connect does this, What lines of code in that plugin handle the email notification?

13 years 1 month ago #154789 by connor9220
Bump?? We really need to get this fixed.. People logging in via FB are ghosts.. we have NO idea when they sign up...

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.263 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn