13 years 3 months ago #150906 by sn16
Replied by sn16 on topic Re:Facebook
How did you get it working. Mine still doesnt! :(
www.sn16.net

REgards

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 months ago #151118 by joey2509
Replied by joey2509 on topic Re: Facebook
SN, I never got it to work - I actually just gave up on it after 6 months of trying:(

13 years 2 months ago #153872 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook
Don't know what to tell you guys. You need to have some technical experience to use the more powerful plugins provided by us; period. There's no getting around this as you will need to debug your site in the event of a conflict. Facebook and Twitter plugins alike use EXTERNAL api provided by Facebool/Twitter this means they're extremely sensitive and easy to conflict with and entirely out of our hands.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #154460 by robert@goldetrader.com
Replied by robert@goldetrader.com on topic Re:Facebook
I am also having issues hooking up the face book connect. The configruation is correct and I believe that there is a conflict with another plugin. When clicking on the face book icon on my website I get:

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: redirect_uri is not owned by the application.

when I capture the error codes using the Error Console tool in firefox I get

www.facebook.com : server does not support RFC 5746, see CVE-2009-3555

Is there a list of CB plugins that conflict with the FBC?

13 years 2 months ago #154530 by robert@goldetrader.com
After searching the web it appears like ajax technology can conflict with facebook applications. Has anyone found this to be true with Joomla, CB, and the FBC?

13 years 2 months ago #154534 by robert@goldetrader.com
I just updated to CB 1.4 and the FBC problems went away. Solved for me at least.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.240 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn