[SOLVED] Facebook user failed to initiate.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #154023 by StevenCallen
[SOLVED] Facebook user failed to initiate. was created by StevenCallen
Have just installed Facebook Connect 1.2. No issues encountered with the install all ran very smoothly after carefully following the instructions provided.
Only snag is that using the plugin, when a user clicks on the CB FBC login and enters their credentials into the pop-up window it then returns "Facebook user failed to initiate." with a red background at the top of the web page.

Rechecked all parameters TNA.
Afterwards installed the twitter connect plugin, and this does work.
Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the issue?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #154166 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
This means the Facebook REST API failed and could not retrieve your Facebook user information. Please check that you've configured the Application ID, API Key, and Application Secret correctly. Please also ensure you've no other Facebook extension running that could conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154185 by StevenCallen
Replied by StevenCallen on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
Thanks for your reply but yep done all that! have even deleted the App ID and created afresh. Where do I start looking for the problem? The Twitter Connect plugin seemed a similar install and is indeed working. The only anomaly in my install is that the site is redirected from the root to a directory which the plugin recognised [http://site/directory/] under the plugin parameters.
The configuration for the Twitter API has seperate entries for the site Application URL [http://site/directory/index.php] and the Website [http://site/directory/]

www.burghfieldresident.org.uk/

13 years 1 month ago #154191 by krileon
The connect URL on your Facebook application needs to be where the plugin is located so http://site/directory/ would be correct. The help steps generally provide exactly how you need to format it (copy & paste is best approach). Please test with debug mode and maximum error reporting enable as it's possible there's an error; can't say for sure. We've confirmed working locally and on cbsubs demo site.

I can't investigate your Facebook application without your Facebook credentials. If you're comfortable passing such information please PM backend login credentials as well as Facebook credentials and will configure/test for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #154412 by krileon
I was able to login to your site using FBC perfectly fine.

"You have successfully logged in"

I don't see any issue with your configuration on FBC end. I could not check your Facebook application as it does not appear to be valid for development.

"Your account must be verified before you can take this action. Please verify your account by adding your Mobile phone or Credit/debit card."

You must perform verification before you can create a Facebook application (I found by Mobile was best approach). At any rate from what I see there isn't an issue. It's possible some old caching or something of the sort is causing problems for your login, please clear browser cache and reload then try again.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: StevenCallen

13 years 1 month ago #154485 by StevenCallen
Replied by StevenCallen on topic Re: Facebook user failed to initiate.
Have now had users sucessfully use FBC to login, so as you say it does appear to be working. It would appear that whatever the problem is with my credentials, cache cookies or otherwise on my PC, thats a different issue. If I ever resolve I'll post more info.
Many Thanks for your help.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.222 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn