Facebook registration failed

13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #155040 by gebeling
Facebook registration failed was created by gebeling
Hi,

I've set up CB with the Facebook plugin and the login of an existing user works. Unfortunately failes the registration of a new user via facebook..

Error Message: Facebook user failed to initiate.

Please help...

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 months ago #155054 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook registration failed
Facebook API could not retrieve your Facebook information for whatever reason. Either API was not properly configured, a JS conflict (check error console in browser), or perhaps your privacy settings on Facebook are too high preventing 3rd party authorization.

Unfortunately working with 3rd party (Facebook) API it can present unpredictable results; most out of my control.

If possible please test with a different Facebook login (register a new account if necessary) to ensure it's not just that account.

If issue persists please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155060 by gebeling
Replied by gebeling on topic Re: Facebook registration failed
Thank you for ur assistance :)

I just sent a PM to you whith tthe script log.. if that doesnt work, I'll grant u access to the backend. Maybe you can try to login for urself. The URL is in the PM as well...

Thanks, Geerd

13 years 2 months ago #155062 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials. I need to be able to remove my account and test repeatedly reliably as well as review configuration. Log is not legible in PM, but seams like there's a fatal JS error in relation to some sort of google analytic usage.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 months ago #155071 by krileon

You have successfully logged in

I was able to successful login. Am not sure what the issue is. Please delete the authorization of the application from your Facebook account (Account > Privacy settings > Apps and Websites). Once done please attempt to login via FBC again to your site ensuring you've provided a valid email address. This confirms the API is functioning, but for your account I do not know why. I also do need see any errors within the console that would conflict.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn