Help ASAP: facebook connect issues

13 years 1 month ago #155567 by wsnplanet
Help ASAP: facebook connect issues was created by wsnplanet
We've implemented CB facebook connect and we are having an serious issue with following usecase (only with a new user):

For a new user, when an user is already logged into facebook, tries to signin via fb connect signin, it goes nowhere. It does recognize the facebook logged in user in the popup but once the user clicks on allow permission button, nothing happens- the new user is not created within Joomla/CB, is not logged into the site etc.

Please help ASAP, this is critical issues for us.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #155573 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Help ASAP: facebook connect issues
suggest you switch to default joomla template and retest as the default template migh show you warning message that your template suppresses.
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

13 years 1 month ago #155658 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Help ASAP: facebook connect issues
Please enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. Once done attempt to login with FBC (if you already exist, login if possible and Unjoin from the CB Menu then delete from user management) and review any on-screen issues. If none please check browse error console during the process to confirm any fatal JS errors. After login is received there is JS in place to perform the redirect, if a Fatal error is present this redirect will never happen.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn