No Facebook Connect

13 years 1 month ago #156055 by geoffoslund
No Facebook Connect was created by geoffoslund
I've loaded up Joomla 1.6, CB 1.4 together on a new project install, and the first thing I did was to install the FB Connect plugin. I've checked both the CB installation documentation and the Facebook Connect plugin documentation and have gone over all the common issues that people have listed here (turning on CB Plugins for example) to no avail.

Is there any good way to debug what's going on? I'm sure there's some error reporting somewhere, and I've turned on debug mode and put error reporting on in the front controller, but I don't get any error messages from CB or Joomla, just a login page without the facebook connect button. (I don't even get any javascript loaded onto the page for facebook or anything).

Any ideas?
Geoff

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156103 by heyai
Replied by heyai on topic Re: No Facebook Connect
To enable Joomla's error reporting you have to set the Global Configuration settings as well as enable the Joomla Debug plugin. If these are set you should at least see some debug information at the bottom of every page (amount of information depends on the plugin settings I think).
If you have access to your PHP variables, you can also turn on error reporting (display_errors) there.

hey-ai - the community for asian guys and non-asian girls

The search bar is your friend, not just decoration!

13 years 1 month ago #156116 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: No Facebook Connect
Describe "No Facebook Connect" further please. Does this mean when clicking the button nothing happens or does this mean the button to sign in isn't shown at all? The button will ONLY show inside the CB Login module and the module needs to be configured to render integration plugins.

The button display is 100% dependent on if the PHP API is prepared or not.. things to cause that to fail is incorrectly configured login module or incomplete configuration within the plugin in plugin management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156614 by geoffoslund
Replied by geoffoslund on topic Re: No Facebook Connect
I went through and installed with Joomla 1.5, and it works now, sort of. I'm having problems getting a user registered via fbconnect: "Facebook user failed to initiate."

13 years 1 month ago #156615 by geoffoslund
Replied by geoffoslund on topic Re: No Facebook Connect
Thanks Heyai. I've gotten Joomla 1.6 set up to do these things now, but unfortunately there's still no exceptions or anything for fbconnect coming up, there's just no button and no js included at all.
I might go through this weekend and try to do 1.6 again, but for now i've decided to use 1.5! :)

13 years 1 month ago #157411 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: No Facebook Connect
Failed to initiate is resolved with next release, which we are preparing soon.

If you're not seeing a button at all then please review documentation as something is not configured correctly.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn