Blank page after publishing the plugin

13 years 1 month ago #156212 by cjoejoe1
Blank page after publishing the plugin was created by cjoejoe1
Hi there!

I installed and configured the plugin properly at least that's what I thought.

Every time I click on a link it sends me to a black page. It seems to be a problem with the cookies, if I remove them it's ok again, until I click another link.

This only happens if I have the plugin published.

Any ideas? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #156221 by cjoejoe1
Replied by cjoejoe1 on topic Re: Blank page after publishing the plugin
It's me again.

After having the same issue with the twitter plug in, I turned on Error reporting.
That's what I've got:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function json_decode() in /html/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/api/facebook.php on line 442

It's seems that I don't have json_decode on my server because I'm running an old version of PHP 5.1.6 and it's this function it's supported since 5.2.0.

13 years 1 month ago #156223 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blank page after publishing the plugin
Please contact your host and have JSON and CURL modules enabled or have them upgrade you to a higher version which JSON and CURL pre-compiled. This is a requirement for FBC to function.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago #156264 by cjoejoe1
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I finally manage to connect via FB but if I had a user already registered and he wants to link his account with facebook? there is no button to do that? or at least is not shown because I can't see it.

Same with twiterr. I don't know if I have cURL on my server.

13 years 1 month ago #156265 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Blank page after publishing the plugin

I finally manage to connect via FB but if I had a user already registered and he wants to link his account with facebook? there is no button to do that? or at least is not shown because I can't see it.

If you login with an existing account then click the Sign in button it will link the two accounts together.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #156420 by cjoejoe1
Ok, I understand how it works now but...

I think it could be a little bit confusing for the user.

Let's think they login as usual, the sign in button of FB and twitter still there. Although the login module shows your name I think for some users could be confusing. I think it would be better if in their profile page they'd had a 'link this account with FB' (same for twitter) as they have it to unlink it and not show the buttons of FB or Twiterr Any chance of doing this?

Now second issue :D
Let's think now that they first time sign up with FB or twitter, a new user is created.
Next time they come to our site (don't ask me why) they don't want to connect with FB, whatever reason, maybe they deleted their FB account, so I have their details on my website but they don't know them. Username ussualy is "Name_Surname" and they never choose a password.
Any chance of after sign up via FB or twitter send an email with username + random password?

Thanks in advance!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn