Set up of facebook connect plugin not possible

13 years 1 month ago #157751 by okoustrup
Hi,

Dowloaded the plugin, very excited about the possibilites of logging in via facebook, etc..
Following the guide (CB Facebook Connect 1.3) - step by step ... went perfectly UNTIL ..
3.2 Configuration of Facebook Application on Developers Site -

Step 1 okay - and here it starts, completely new interface at Facebook !!!
Step 2 click the Set up new application - and I got an error (could not get any further) - big red box with some HTML in it (might be a request for money - seems like it)

So how do I proceed? - how do I get the Facebook apps connected to CB?

I attach a screen shot which probably says all - one thing is for sure the current installation papers is not up to date
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 month ago #157927 by krileon
It's a bug on Facebooks end, I've no control over their site and its content. Facebook requires verification by credit card or mobile phone in order to create applications. Would seam the page that informs you of this is bugged, nothing I can do however, you should contact Facebook concerning the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: okoustrup

13 years 1 month ago #158084 by Li4213
Below is what I got when I try to create the Facebook application. Where should I add this? Is this still a bug on the Facebook side?

Your account must be verified before you can take this action. Please verify your account by adding your <a onclick="var newwindow = window.open(&quot;http:\/\/www.facebook.com\/confirmphone.php&quot;,&#039;confirm_phone&#039;, 'height=350, width=520, left=100, top=100, resizable=yes, scrollbars=no, toolbar=no, status=no');if (newwindow) { newwindow.focus();} else { alert("A pop-up blocker may be disabling the the mobile verification window.");}">mobile phone or secure.facebook.com/cards.php" target="_blank">credit card.

13 years 1 month ago #158219 by ady
This is a bug with facebook. Just have to wait until facebook fixes it. Please check the links below
forum.developers.facebook.net/viewtopic.php?pid=326852
forum.developers.facebook.net/viewtopic.php?id=93579

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.193 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn