Not entirely stable... ?

13 years 3 weeks ago #159040 by miamiman
Not entirely stable... ? was created by miamiman
I have CB 1.4 / CB Connect 1.3 / Joomla 1.5.20.

The plug-in logs on correctly, but doesn't redirect the page correctly? It's redirected successfully only about one of the ten times I have tried.

By logging-in correctly, I mean that if I open another tab to facebook.com, the page opens to the profile of the person recently logged on via our page.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Is there a resolution?

Latin Press
Miami, USA
www.latinpressinc.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159044 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Not entirely stable... ?
Never heard of such an issue. Please check within your browser error log when logging in via FBC on your site for any fatal JS errors.

Of course it's not entirely stable, you're using 3rd party API (Facebooks) that I or you have absolutely no control over. Any bug they introduce will also affect you and anyone else using their API.

Are you saying that when you go to facebook.com it logs you in but takes you to the profile of the last user that logged into your site via FBC? I don't see how this is even possible. Facebook API is cookie and session driven, you've no access to their cookie or session as they're local to the user.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 3 weeks ago #159050 by miamiman
Replied by miamiman on topic Re: Not entirely stable... ?
Let me explain again:

1. The logged in page doesn't return the logged-on message [after the fb pop-up].

2. I open a new tab to facebook and it opens as if I [not the "profile of the last user"] had already logged in successfully from the cb-fb page.

HOWEVER on the cb-fb site there is no notice that I am logged in. Does that make more sense?

The site is www.induguia.com/entrar

Latin Press
Miami, USA
www.latinpressinc.com

13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #159059 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Not entirely stable... ?

1. The logged in page doesn't return the logged-on message [after the fb pop-up].

This typically means a conflict or fatal error of some sort, please try logging in while monitoring your browsers error console for any fatal errors. You also do not have the login module displayed on all pages, this is required in order for the API to be continuously kept loaded. You can add a module to your page then hide it entirely with CSS if you'd like.

2. I open a new tab to facebook and it opens as if I [not the "profile of the last user"] had already logged in successfully from the cb-fb page.

Working fine then, their API logs you into Facebook as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn