Facebook Connect problems...

12 years 11 months ago #160538 by fred8367
Facebook Connect problems... was created by fred8367
Hi community,
Recently (yesterday) i bought Facebook Connect on this site, totally confident that it would work fine together with Joomla 1.5 and CB 1.4 with its 15 euro pricetag.
Tho, when i tested it this morning the following errors occured:
1. In Firefox it doesnt seem to be working with a fresh facebook user, only returning the error

Facebook user failed to initiate.

2. In IE, it seems to be stuck in progress, leaving the facebook window blank after accepting permissions and so on. (Still using a fresh facebook user)

At a price of 15 euro i simply dont think this is okay, really, because when the update comes out i have to buy it again.. which im not sure whether im going to do or not, or head somewhere else for a free/cheap solution.

Best regards
Frederik Madsen
Gamerocket.dk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #160836 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Connect problems...
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look. Being 15 euros is no guarantee it will work on YOUR site. As seen here and demo site many many users are using it quite fine without problem. This typically indicates a conflict or misconfiguration of some sort.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #160868 by fred8367
Replied by fred8367 on topic Re: Facebook Connect problems...
Do you need (super)admin credentials? :)
I appreciate your help :)

12 years 11 months ago #161035 by krileon
Yes super administration permissions are needed, thank you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fred8367

12 years 11 months ago #161064 by fred8367
Replied by fred8367 on topic Re: Facebook Connect problems...
Credentinals have been sent by PM ;)

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #161081 by krileon
I don't see any errors PHP or JS wise. I've installed a debug version and saw that the requests to Facebook were all failing. Further searching leads to an issue on your hosts end, Facebooks end, or your Facebook application. I am suspecting the Facebook Application is not configured correctly. I can't review your Facebook application without login credentials. Please see the below findings.
Failed to load source for: http://www.facebook.com/extern/login_status.php?api_key=.....
Failed to load source for: https://www.facebook.com/logout.php?access_token=.....

All requests are successful and cookie is established until a REST API request is made, which is resulting in a failure. Please also note your site can be accessed at http:// and http://www., which one is your Facebook application configured to accept? This is very important as if you're using www and want to support both domain usages you need additional configuration or to redirect from 1 to the other.

Errors seam to be related to using cross domain, but FBC does not have support for this as no xd_receiver.htm is provided, please check your applications settings and only configure what is instructed by the documentation.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: fred8367

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.247 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn