Facebook Connect problems...

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162375 by fred8367
Replied by fred8367 on topic Re: Facebook Connect problems...
Arrgh damn.. o.O I've just allowed your location to access my facebook account :)

Allright i will PM backend credentinals :) Should i create a fresh facebook application?

And btw, i've eliminated the use of "www." in the domain, so there should be no problem there :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #162380 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook Connect problems...
Backend appears to have htaccess protection, please provide credentials for bypassing this. You've provided Facebook and Joomla credentials only.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162381 by fred8367
i'll just deactivate that :) forgot about it :)

UPDATE:
Deactivated ;)

12 years 11 months ago #162388 by krileon
Was able to successfully login to your Facebook account and review your application. As suspected it was incorrectly configured. You had configured "Site Domain", which you are NOT instructed to do in the instructions or documentation. That enables cross-domain support, which FBC does not utilize. Specifying anything there will result in all requests failing as the file it uses for cross-domain requests does not exist.

I've reconfigured your Facebook application and successfully connected your own account. Please also confirm is now working as expected.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #162391 by fred8367
Well, that i forgot :) But if i try to login with a facebook account not associated with anything on my site, i still get the:
"Facebook user failed to initiate." :(

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #162530 by krileon
Not sure what to advise, I was able to successfully connect with yours and my account. If a user has high privacy configuration it's very possible they are auto-rejecting connect based sites which you can configure in your Facebook privacy settings. The error is basically saying the PHP GET request to Facebook through their API has failed to provide a response.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn