Problems with Connectivity

12 years 10 months ago #164121 by tekorange
Problems with Connectivity was created by tekorange
We have implemented the Facebook connect module within our Community Builder install.

Recently we have been having intermittant problems with it failing to connect. If we wait 24 hours then it seems to work.

Can you provide insight on why this may be and at the very minimum a way to show a friendly error to our members that the facebook connect is currently unvailable.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #164155 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Problems with Connectivity
What exactly is happening? Are you receiving any errors? Please provide more details regarding it not working. It's using 3rd party API (required) and is based off Facebook reliability. So if Facebook goes down or API is changed it will affect everyone using FBC. FBC should be used as an addition and not the primary source of login/registrations; this is due to it being unreliable (you're relying on Facebooks stability).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #164736 by tekorange
Replied by tekorange on topic Re: Problems with Connectivity
Kyle,

Thank you for your reply.

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you.

Here is what we are seeing:

Invalid Argument
Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

This happens when we are not logged into Facebook.

When logged into facebook we get a different error - An error occurred with My Farcebook Website. Please try again later.

12 years 10 months ago #164789 by krileon
This would mean your Facebook application is not configured correctly (you likely specified Site Domain). Please delete your Facebook application and re-create it using the EXACT steps specified in the plugin/documentation, but do not configure anything beyond what is instructed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #165439 by tekorange
Replied by tekorange on topic Re: Problems with Connectivity
Kyle,

Thank you for the insight.

We have completed the steps however we are now seeing a new error:

Invalid Argument
Given URL is not allowed by the Application configuration.

Please advise.

12 years 9 months ago #165532 by krileon
The URL you provided for the application regarding your site is invalid. If you reach your site at example.com/ then you can not use www.example.com/ as they're not the same.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn