Logout Button Not working in Chrome

12 years 10 months ago #164498 by jonnysupersonic
Logout Button Not working in Chrome was created by jonnysupersonic
HI All

i installed FB connect tonight on my site and i ran some tests in chrome and firefox and ie9. Firefox login and logout work with the No Conflict set to Enabled or Disabled.

in Chrome, Login only works on Disabled setting. but Logout never works. The button is displayed, but clicking on it does nothing.

I am also loading a Facebook Like Box on the same page... not sure if this is causing an issue.

Can you help me solve the Chrome logout button issue? without this i cannot leave the plugin enabled on the site.

Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #164612 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Logout Button Not working in Chrome

I am also loading a Facebook Like Box on the same page... not sure if this is causing an issue.

How are you rendering this? Depending on the usage this could be the cause due to API conflict. If simply using the iFrame social plugin then it should not be an issue. Have you tried displaying usage of the like box then testing if working? The logout button not working would be a result of the jQuery failing. Please review browser error log when clicking logout in chrome.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #164623 by jonnysupersonic
Replied by jonnysupersonic on topic Re: Logout Button Not working in Chrome
i ran some tests by enabling and disabling modules. The like buton using FBML causes problems. I changed the button to iFrame and now that problem is solved.

the new problem is that the button only works on some pages. If it doesnt work i get this error:

An error occurred. Please try again later.

it seems as if Facebook does not see the request coming from my domain.

1. how do i get this to work with the FBML version of the button? (because fb have released a send button that only works with fbml)
2. why is the fconnect button shown in the login module but not in the community builder new user registration form?

12 years 10 months ago #164659 by krileon

1. how do i get this to work with the FBML version of the button? (because fb have released a send button that only works with fbml)

FBC prepares the FBML API. So as long as FBC is on every page then the iFrame usage should work fine. Additionally normal FBML should also work as long as FBC is on every page (login module on all pages). Ensure NO OTHER extension is preparing Facebook API (JS or PHP) as they WILL conflict.

2. why is the fconnect button shown in the login module but not in the community builder new user registration form?

The sign in button only shows in the login module. If you want it on registration then you need to enable the login module to display on registration form within CB configuration on registration tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #164672 by jonnysupersonic
Replied by jonnysupersonic on topic Re: Logout Button Not working in Chrome
does this prepare the facebook API? as this is the code that i call for the like box, and the comments box

<script src="connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js#xfbml=1">

would this script line above be causing the conflicts?

i dont want to use iframe, want to try get this to work wit fbml

12 years 10 months ago #164788 by krileon

does this prepare the facebook API? as this is the code that i call for the like box, and the comments box

Yes, that is the JS library used by FBC to handle login and logout.

would this script line above be causing the conflicts?

Yes.

i dont want to use iframe, want to try get this to work wit fbml

Then add the FBML, but ensure CB login module is present on all pages so FBC can prepare the API. Just do not include the script, FBC does this already.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.236 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn