[SOLVED] Button Not Showing (Just the "Sign in")

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #168264 by nxgravity
Hello,

I have searched the forums and found a couple other articles with the same issue, but can't seem to locate an answere that resolves the issue on my site. The site is:

myrigroom.com
Joomla: v1.5.22
CB: 1.4
Facebook connect: v1.4

Any help would be great, thank you.

EDIT: I also confirmed that the ‘CB Plugins Integration‟ parameter on the CB Login module is Enabled. I only have 1 CB Login module on the site. I do have a menu item setup on the top right, but I don't think this would be causing an issue? As a test I disabled the menu link, but did not resolve the issue.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #168333 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Button Not Showing (Just the "Sign in")
The FBC button only shows if you've configured the application appropriately within the plugins configuration (click "Facebook Connect" in "Plugin Management"). Button display is purely PHP based. If you're not seeing the button then something is misconfigured, please review the documentation for configuration steps.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #168367 by nxgravity
Replied by nxgravity on topic Re: Button Not Showing (Just the "Sign in")
After reading the instructions again and reinstalling the FBC, I found myself in the same boat.

I'm sure it's something small and silly, but it's something beyond me. It's the same documentation that instructed me to come here if I had any issues. I try hard (with what limited capacity I have) to resolve issues before posting on a forum. In this case I can not resolve the issue.

I requested the Facebook API set of codes, I confirmed all settings are configured as needed:

cURL: Installed

JSON: Installed

API: Initiated

I have but one login module CB Plugins integration set to "Yes". I have no other login modules. I do have a Kunena forum on the site, will this interfere with FBC?

I'm going to open a ticket in hopes of finding a joomlapolis support rep. If I can find an answere, I'll post it in this forum.

Thank you,
Rob

12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #168368 by nxgravity
Replied by nxgravity on topic Re: Button Not Showing (Just the "Sign in")
Turns out I can't open a ticket, as I am not a professional subscriber. I throw myself on the mercy of this forum for help. I know I did something wrong, I can do it again (maybe the 3rd time is a charm?), but I don't see it doing much good.

12 years 8 months ago #168413 by krileon
Please PM backend login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #169247 by krileon
Hmm second time this is happened. Appears you're using some sort of compression extensions or something of the sort. FBC CSS is being taken from its original file and compressed into the below along with all your other CSS.

t3-assets/cssea383.css

However, this is not adding the correct CSS. There is a space being added before the images path resulting in the missing image as seen below.

background-image: url("../components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/ images/button.png ");

Notice the space directly before "images/". Please navigate to line 20 of the above CSS file and remove the space and this will resolve the display issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: nxgravity

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn