Facebook API Key vs. Access Token?

12 years 9 months ago #168568 by fader8
Facebook API Key vs. Access Token? was created by fader8
Just installed Facebook Connect and followed all the instructions carefully. After creating the app in facebook, I'm not given an API Key. I am given an access token however. Is this the same thing? Did Facebook just rename it or something?

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168653 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Facebook API Key vs. Access Token?
Would seam Facebook overhauled their developers application, again. The API Key does nothing. It was kept for legacy support. Just put any random string as its value (e.g. 123456) and it'll be ignored.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fader8

12 years 9 months ago #168662 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Facebook API Key vs. Access Token?
Thanks Kyle! Appears to work too!

I'm wondering if this FB change is what is keeping my FB Login button from displaying properly? Here's what it looks like:

If not, any suggestions?

Joomla 1.5.25, CB 1.8rc2, CBSubs 1.2.2, GroupJive 2.5rc, Kunena 1.7.2, php 5.2.5
Attachments:

12 years 9 months ago #168719 by krileon
No, that would be a CSS problem. Notice your login button is styled. Your template appears to have CSS that changes all input buttons. Please provide a URL to your site where the issue can be seen and can make some suggest CSS changes for you.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fader8

12 years 9 months ago #168733 by fader8
Replied by fader8 on topic Re: Facebook API Key vs. Access Token?
Thanks for that advice Kyle. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. The new site in progress is here:
fader8.com/grace/

I'm not in love with any button styling the template's providing. So if defeating it is the most robust solution, I'm game.

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168749 by krileon
The culprit appears to be the following.

grace/t3-assets/css8acc1.css

Am not sure why, but FBC CSS is inside that file, which is not where the CSS is actually stored. FBC has its own CSS file. At any rate on line 17 in the above file is where the background image is specified, which has a space in the path.
background-image: url("/grace/components/com_comprofiler/plugin/user/plug_cbfacebookconnect/ images/button.png ");

Notice the space before "images/...". Simply remove the space and the button will now display properly.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.189 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn