12 years 8 months ago #168684 by Saturdays
Avatar doesn't import. was created by Saturdays
Plugin installs no problem on joomla 1.5 and connects to facebook but doesn't import the avatar.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 8 months ago #168720 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Avatar doesn't import.
Avatar is only synchronized 1 time and that's for new registrations. If you're synchronizing an existing CB account with your Facebook account then no information will transfer. The idea is to allow single sign on, not synchronize profile data. This allows users to register on your site with their existing information instead of having to re-register for another site.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 8 months ago #168739 by Saturdays
Replied by Saturdays on topic Re: Avatar doesn't import.
But it was a new registration. It made a new profile

Now it is giving me this error message when I click on facebook connect:

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: redirect_uri is not owned by the application.

12 years 8 months ago #168748 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Avatar doesn't import.

But it was a new registration. It made a new profile

It's possible with resent changes new API has resulted in avatars failing, but previous test showed them working fine. If Facebook ID field was specified for the user you logged in as then it will not synchronize an avatar. Please try deleting the user within User Management and try logging in again. If it does not synchronize then profile privacy could also be preventing the synchronization of avatar. If possible please test with another Facebook account.

API Error Code: 191
API Error Description: The specified URL is not owned by the application
Error Message: redirect_uri is not owned by the application.

This means the Site URL specified in your Facebook application does not match the site you're actually at. Please ensure you're always visiting the site specified in your Facebook Application. If you specified www.example.com and you're viewing example.com then it will fail. This is a security measure put in place by Facebook.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn