FBC button - click nothing happens

12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #190221 by dards
FBC button - click nothing happens was created by dards
Joomla 1.5.20 legacy mode on, SEF on
CB1.7.1
CB facebook connect 1.8

I have published the plugin, Created app on Facebook, put in the ID/code in plugin, made changes in the cb login module and Facebook Sign in button is visible. But when I click it nothing happens!

I have checked other plugins, switched off all plugins accessing Facebook in any way ... But still when I click the Signin button nothing happens.

please help!

Rcpak.com

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 1 month ago #190298 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBC button - click nothing happens
Please review your browser error log while clicking the link. Facebook API is JS based so if there's an error it'd be in the browser error log. More then likely it's something to do with site url being wrong. If you created the Facebook APP for example.com it will not work on www.example.com as they're not the same.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #190420 by dreadpirateroberts
Replied by dreadpirateroberts on topic Re: FBC button - click nothing happens
I'm having the same problem - previously I was getting a facebook error message telling me an error had occurred every time i clicked the facebook login button, but now nothing happens at all when i click it.

i have checked the configuration and it is correct, i mean app id and secret and website address. the site url is www.livinglink.ie and that is the url I am on when clicking the link.

have you any other light to shed on this besides the possible causes mentioned previously? it's for this plugin mainly that i purchased my subscription.

i checked my firefox error logs and i spotted this:

Error: uncaught exception: Error: Permission denied for <www.facebook.com> to get property Proxy.InstallTrigger

but i have no idea what it means.

any advice or suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Sean

12 years 1 month ago #190421 by dreadpirateroberts
Replied by dreadpirateroberts on topic Re: FBC button - click nothing happens
OK so I used the facebook debugger on my URL www.livinglink.ie and here is what it came back with:

Inferred Property: The og:url property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property: The og:title property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property: The og:description property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property: The og:image property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.
Inferred Property: The og:locale property should be explicitly provided, even if a value can be inferred from other tags.

Does this have something to do with the App Namespace field on the edit app page on developers.facebook.com? I didn't see anywhere in the instructions about configuring this field.

I notice on the debug page the url is correct, www.livinglink.ie/

I am about ready to disable this plugin altogether, at the moment it's useless, until I can get it working. Any assistance or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

12 years 1 month ago #190505 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: FBC button - click nothing happens

i checked my firefox error logs and i spotted this:

Can be ignored. It's a bug in Firebug.

OK so I used the facebook debugger on my URL www.livinglink.ie and here is what it came back with:

Just debugs OpenProtocol; has nothing to do with FBC working or not.

Any assistance or suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Please stop posting in every FBC post you feel is related to your issue. You already have a support thread open below that am handling. Please post any further mention of this issue there.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/190414-fbc-qan-error-occurred-please-try-again-laterq#190419

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 1 month ago #192370 by 1plus19
Replied by 1plus19 on topic Re: FBC button - click nothing happens
I have the exact same problem, I have disabled all other associated facebook module but it still doesn't work.

Please help.

Facebook App Info:
App display name: Customer Review
Site URL: www.customerreview.com.au/
FBC 1.8.

The plugin is enable, and when I click on the Login button, nothing happens.

Please help as I have try everything to every all settings is correct.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.260 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn