wyciwyg:// error

13 years 7 months ago #139927 by jeffjarrett59
wyciwyg:// error was created by jeffjarrett59
You probably already know about this issue. When using My Rating field type and a user rates theirselves on their profile using Firefox it just shows a white page that never loads. If the history is checked it shows the url with wyciwyg://74 preceding it. I'm using the latest CB version 1.2.3 with the latest Kunena, and UddeIM 1.9. I see a lot of others talking about this "what you cache is what you get" (wyciwyg) problem with firefox but no fix. Is there something I can do?

Jeff Jarrett

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #139940 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:wyciwyg:// error
What does WYSIWYG have to do with the rating field? Can't duplicate your issue. Probably due to a conflicting extension such as a editor like JCE.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #139962 by jeffjarrett59
Replied by jeffjarrett59 on topic Re:wyciwyg:// error
Not WYSIWYG but rather WYCIWYG, which is an acronym of What You Cache Is What You Get. It is a URI scheme specific to the Mozilla family of web browsers which indicates that a link should be preferentially fetched from cache instead of from the web server. source: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYCIWYG

I am using JCE (or was) so I went to check before replying to this. If I don't use JCE, not uninstall but use another editor, we get the same error with Firefox and Chrome. But not with IE, all works fine with IE. I don't mean to bother but I was just hoping someone a lot more advanced, such as yourself, could help.

Jeff Jarrett

13 years 7 months ago #140047 by krileon
Don't cache, ever, it's a horrible approach at trying to achieve better performance (which in most cases it does not do). Unless you're caching static data, never cache. Links, content, etc... changes on a constant basis. I've no experience with WYCIWYG so can't further comment on its usage. Have never seen such an error before in any browser (I test before all CB releases in IE6, IE7, IE8, FF, and Chrome). If you have Joomla caching enable please try disabling and purging any existing cache.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/08/16 18:24

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 6 months ago #141102 by jeffjarrett59
Replied by jeffjarrett59 on topic Re:wyciwyg:// error
Thanks for the info, cache settings in global config are turned off. Over the past 2 weeks I've spent time turning all the plugins off or removing them. But still get the error. I found a lot about the error when researching it, but nothing with Joomla and CB. It's not a real big deal and I have a bigger problem that I'll need to focus on for the time being. Maybe someone else will eventually have the same issue/error and find a solution. Thanks for your input and if I ever get rich so will you guys, CB rocks!

Jeff Jarrett

13 years 6 months ago #141195 by krileon
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WYCIWYG

Appears related to your browser. I too use Firefox, but am completely up to date. Perhaps ensuring your browser is up to date and reviewing your browsers configuration is in order. For further support on the issue I recommend seeing Firefoxs forums.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn