Removing drop down menu's from registration

13 years 9 months ago #137513 by danman1982
Hello all,
I love the "idea" of the privacy plugin except for the fact that the name field is unaffected, and of course even if you just ask for their first and last name they still have to manually go into their profile to select invisible...therefore the registration page is pretty pointless to have drop down menu's since no matter what they choose from registration will make no difference.

they will have to make their fields invisile once they log into their profile and make them invisible.

my questin is how can i make the drop down's go away from the registration page, BUT keep them on the profile page for them to make invisible.

i also notice that the entire tab invisibility doesn't work as well....meaning that each field has to be made invibisle...so having invisibility on the tab is pointless as well.

i would appreciate any advice to this.

I know that you guys are still working for a total fix for this even though it has bee over a year now i believe, just checking on the status of the fix as well.

ASAP help would be appreciative since my client wants privacy big time on their site.

Thanks again!

Dan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 9 months ago #137549 by krileon

...except for the fact that the name field is unaffected...

Known issue and a bug ticket is already in place for further investigation.

therefore the registration page is pretty pointless to have drop down menu's since no matter what they choose from registration will make no difference.

Also a known issue which too has a bug ticket in place to be addressed further.

they will have to make their fields invisile once they log into their profile and make them invisible.

Correct, you could for the time being with CB configuration on the registration tab set the first time login redirect to be users profile edit page.

my questin is how can i make the drop down's go away from the registration page, BUT keep them on the profile page for them to make invisible.

There's no setting for something as such am afraid other then removing the field, you could use CSS however. Please see following example.

[code:1]
cb_MYFIELD___cbprivacy {
display: none;
}
[/code:1]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 8 months ago #140165 by gorder
Hi,

I was just wondering how far up on the priority pole fixing these bugs are? Can we expect seeing a fix sometime soon?

Thanks,

13 years 8 months ago #140214 by krileon
gorder wrote:

Hi,

I was just wondering how far up on the priority pole fixing these bugs are? Can we expect seeing a fix sometime soon?

Thanks,

It's on the list and we're working on addressing all issues, but we've over nearly 30+ projects to manage between the 3 of us. Please allow ample time for all issues to be addressed. Next days will be reviewing current issues and preparing patches to address known issues when possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn