How do I allow users to hide tabs?

13 years 7 months ago #141666 by trickster56
How do I allow users to hide tabs? was created by trickster56
Sorry, I must be terribly dense, but no matter what privacy settings I change for tabs in the backend, nothing changes on the frontend. CB Privacy is successfully installed, published, each tab has a "Tab privacy preferences" section. I set them to "User can control privacy" - save and all - and nothing changes on the frontend. I know I must be missing something very simple. P.S. I can set privacy for "Contact info" in the "Update your profile" window -- but nothing in tabs.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 7 months ago #141700 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:How do I allow users to hide tabs?
The user needs to edit their profile then change the privacy for the tab you enabled privacy controls for. The privacy settings are user by user dependent. Tab privacy controls should be at the top right of the tab. Please ensure you've the privacy plugin enabled and public.

Post edited by: krileon, at: 2010/09/09 15:46

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 7 months ago #141776 by trickster56
Replied by trickster56 on topic Re:How do I allow users to hide tabs?
Thank you for the quick response!! The problem is, when I go to the user side (I'm not going live yet and have set up several "dummy" accounts) there's no option for hiding tabs in the edit tab or in the profile edit screen. I've attached some a Word file w/some screenshots from the back- and front-ends. Maybe they can help(?)

I'm running the latest version of everything -- just installed a couple weeks ago. I'm using these modules:
- CB
- Groupjive
- Listbingo Classifieds w/CB integration
- Projectfork w/CB integration
- uddeIM w/CB integration
- CB Privacy (obviously)
(I also have VirtueMart installed but not enabled)

There are tabs for all the add-ins (except VM).

13 years 7 months ago #141777 by trickster56
Whoops--the screenshots didn't upload.

13 years 7 months ago #141818 by trickster56
Here's the shot of the "Edit Your Details" screen. Is this where tab privacy control is supposed to be?

Thanks

13 years 7 months ago #141820 by trickster56
The shot

Post edited by: trickster56, at: 2010/09/10 16:32
Attachments:

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.206 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn