Cannot get it to work..

13 years 4 months ago #146737 by tthdoc
Cannot get it to work.. was created by tthdoc
Ok, I must be missing something. I installed the privacy plugin and have it installed and published. Access level is public, parameters for both fields to show error message, and under Privacy granularity all are set to propose. I then login to the site, go to my profile page, and nothing has changed. Oh, and I went to tab management and set (as an example) a tab called my favorites to user can control privacy and front end edit to normal cb settings. But there is no difference in my profile page. What am I missing?

Doc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 4 months ago #146803 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot get it to work..
Privacy controls are configured when editing your profile. A new drop-down will be directly next to the field to allow you to select who can see what. This is assuming you've enabled privacy controls for your fields in field management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146826 by tthdoc
Replied by tthdoc on topic Re:Cannot get it to work..
Ok, I went to field management and set privacy control for email field. Then went to my profile, saw dropdown, set it for show only connections. When went to a 2nd test profile and selected my profile from the users list, it did show access only to direct connected users for the email field. So far so good. But then I went to tab management, set all of the tabs for privacy control for users and then went back to my profile. There is no option to select the tabs for privacy. When I go to the test user and select my profile from the user list, it still shows all of the tabs and information in the tabs.

So,to recap. I set the fields and tabs for user controlled privacy. I go to my profile. Next to the email field(for example) is a dropdown to select the type of privacy. I select it, go to the profile from another user, and it shows private. This is for any field.

But, when I go to my profile, there is no way to select privacy for the tabs. No dropdowns or anything to select the tab for privacy.

Does this clarify things?

Thanks,
Doc

13 years 4 months ago #146886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:Cannot get it to work..
Tab privacy controls can be seen at the top right of the tab when editing your profile. Only tabs that actually show in profile edit can have privacy controls, which is actually fixed in next release of CB Privacy. Example of this is to create a new tab in Tab Management, enable privacy controls, and add a Field to that tab; you should see its privacy controls.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 4 months ago #146908 by tthdoc
I think I understand what you are saying, but it does not solve the problem. Let me try to explain.

When I go to my profile, I see at the top 2 buttons, one says edit and one says connections. Below is the profile image, and the statistics to the right of that. Then below that is the tabbed panes box, with 3 tabs. One says contact info, one says friends list (which has the connections), and one says my stories, which is from JmyLife component. If I click on edit, and update my profile, I get a box with 2 tabs, one says portrait and one says contact info. Clicking on these both have all you say, the privacy controls next to the fields, and 1 privacy control at the top right, which when I set it makes the contact info tab not visible from another non-connected login.

So on the profile page itself, there is a box below with 3 tabs. I can hide the contact info tab since it is there when I click update my profile. But the other 2 I cannot. There is no option anywhere to do it. I even tried going to manage my connections to see if the privacy control was there and it is not. So back to the original question. How to I control privacy on the my friends and my stories tabs? They do not appear when I update my profile. How do I get them to appear there?

Doc

13 years 4 months ago #146912 by tthdoc
One additional comment. You mentioned :

which is actually fixed in next release of CB Privacy

When will this be available?

Thanks,
Doc

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn