Privacy add-on not showing up

12 years 11 months ago #161782 by ellare
Privacy add-on not showing up was created by ellare
HI
So ultimately I want a field to be on the Registration page where a newly registering user can select to share his profile & info within or to not share his profile at all.

So I thought Privacy would be the solution to this.

I DL'd, published it, added it as a required field on Registration.

There is no field indicating on the Registration page anything about "privacy settings".

Is there documentation somewhere on to use this plugin?

I even affected the params of the email field and when I log in as an existing user, I'm not seeing any indicated 'drop down' box that would be representative of the Privacy add-on working.

I can provide link/access if needed.

Thanks
LrG

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #161812 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Privacy add-on not showing up

ellare wrote: HI
So ultimately I want a field to be on the Registration page where a newly registering user can select to share his profile & info within or to not share his profile at all.

So I thought Privacy would be the solution to this.

I DL'd, published it, added it as a required field on Registration.

There is no field indicating on the Registration page anything about "privacy settings".

I guess you are referring to the privacy field that is created when you install the plugin. No this is not to be placed anywhere. It is just used to internally store the selected privacy settings for each user.

Is there documentation somewhere on to use this plugin?

I even affected the params of the email field and when I log in as an existing user, I'm not seeing any indicated 'drop down' box that would be representative of the Privacy add-on working.

I can provide link/access if needed.

Thanks
LrG

Once the privacy plugin is installed and published, you will see extra privacy parameters in the right column area of each CB field and CB Tab in the backend when editing thay CB field or CB Tab.

This will allow you to set the privacy features for that specific CB field or CB Tab.

Once this has been set for specific fields or tabs, then frontend users will be prompted to specify how that specific field, tab should be handled in their profile.

12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #184134 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: Privacy add-on not showing up
I have set "user can control" to tabs and fields. Then when I log into site from front end as a 'test' user -

I am not getting any indication asking me how I want the affected tab and fields to be handled for privacy.

as Nant had said with: "then frontend users will be prompted to specify how that specific field, tab should be handled in their profile. "

I set tab "additional info" to be "user can control" and set field "email" to "user can control"

I am surely missing something here = is there a tutorial I can consult or is there someone that can hold my hand a bit more?

...and yes, plugin is enabled.

Thanks
LRG

12 years 3 months ago #184139 by nant
When a user edits his profile does he not see an extra drop-down field about privacy in such a tab?

12 years 3 months ago #184264 by ellare
Replied by ellare on topic Re: Privacy add-on not showing up
I only see a privacy drop down option in the backend when creating tabs and fields. I don't see them on the front end. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

I'll PM you access - would that be ok?

thanks
LrG

12 years 3 months ago #184275 by nant

ellare wrote: I only see a privacy drop down option in the backend when creating tabs and fields. I don't see them on the front end. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?

I'll PM you access - would that be ok?

thanks
LrG

Once enabled in the backend tab or field(allow user to control privacy) you will be able to see in frontend when editing the profile.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.205 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn