invalid.com

12 years 6 months ago #177596 by SocialX
invalid.com was created by SocialX
Why does invalid.com show up in the approval list when someone signs up through Twitter?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 6 months ago #177615 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: invalid.com

SocialX wrote: Why does invalid.com show up in the approval list when someone signs up through Twitter?

Because twitter does not share email addresses.

12 years 6 months ago #177711 by SocialX
Replied by SocialX on topic Re: invalid.com
So you develop a plugin that gives invalid email addresses after they sign up? Nice. :unsure:

12 years 6 months ago #177717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: invalid.com
Twitter doesn't give you an email address. Yet Joomla absolutely requires one to register. So the only solution is to force an invalid address. When they attempt to edit their profile they will not be allowed to save unless they change it to a valid address however. You can also set the registration redirect to point to profile edit if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

11 years 11 months ago #200402 by lowfatpasta
Replied by lowfatpasta on topic Re: invalid.com
ummm, isn't invalid.com a valid address? see www.invalid.com/ ... are a bunch of emails being sent to this poor person?

I know that ENDING in .invalid should work for this, i.e bob@bobmail.invalid

anyways I just signed up to say that.

11 years 11 months ago #200471 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: invalid.com
Doesn't matter anymore, latest release won't allow invalid email addresses anymore. They'll be asked to supply a valid email address upon login and if invalid is supplied at registration time it'll suppress the emails (nothing will send).

Regarding the domain, it should've never been registered. Someone registered it before it could be reserved like example.com. Using invalid.com or test.com for example is just asking for spam and a poor way to promote a business. It's sad to see such a high potential domain wasted to be truthful.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.283 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn