CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5

14 years 8 months ago #105566 by softforge
CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5 was created by softforge
I have created the Community Builder Search Plugin that adds native search functionality into Joomla 1.5 for Community Builder 1.2 profile fields.

www.softforge.co.uk/resource-area/documentation/community-builder-search-plugin

It is based on the original version by meuchel for CB 1.1 and has been upgraded to use the Joomla 1.5 search API.

I hope you find this useful, all feedback welcome. :)

Post edited by: softforge, at: 2009/07/20 23:48

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 8 months ago #105600 by bluebox
Replied by bluebox on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
I am testing this out and will give some feedback on the results.

Thanks a million for stepping up to the plate with this, its been long awaited.:)

14 years 8 months ago #105721 by Luff
Replied by Luff on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
Great Job! Installed without problems and the testing worked out well so far (Joomla 1.5.12, cb 1.2.1)
Increased your Karma and I will recoomend this. I would suggest to add this great plugin to the Joomla extensions directory.

14 years 8 months ago #105739 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
This is awesome. Finally we have got CB Search Plugin.

I have following suggestion/Questions:
1. How do i display CB Avatar in search ?
I have made avatar field 'searcheble' and added 'avatar' in additional cb display field in plugin backend. But it is not working
2. How do i disable 'Field Title' in the Search Result?
3. How do i display additional CB field result in separate lines? At present the cb field is being displayed in one line for eg. city: xyz, State: abc, Country: kjk,
I want to display in following format
city: xyz
State: abc

4. How do i force this plugin to search only CB Profiles? At present it is fetching information from other components (Eventlist, Content, docman etc)

Thank you once again.
Sunny

14 years 8 months ago #105944 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
Thanks for your positive feedback, it has been submitted to the Joomla and Joomlapolis extension directories, just waiting for approval! B)

Unfortunately, Joomla 1.5 is a bit restrictive with its search results. It does not support pictures so it cannot display the CB avatars and I'm pretty sure it needs a title of some sort.

You could make a simple hack to the code by adding a <br /> to make each field appear on a new line but if you just want to search CB profiles, I would suggest using the built in Community Builder search, it is much more sophisticated! :)

Otherwise you could add &areas[0]=cbsearch to the URL to limit the results to just CB Profiles like this:

www.joomlalondon.co.uk/extensions/search-plugins/joe/%252F?ordering=newest&searchphrase=all&limit=50&areas[0]=cbsearch

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

14 years 8 months ago #105963 by sunnyjey
Replied by sunnyjey on topic Re:CB Search Plugin for Joomla 1.5
Thank you so much.. It is working wonderfully. Finally i have CB search.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn