MySQL Field Type Plugin

13 years 10 months ago #133843 by softforge
Replied by softforge on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin

i want use it to display a multiple result in a combo list and save selection

It should be possible to display most results in they way you want but it may require some complex MySQL. I'm not sure what you mean by a combo list and save selection but note that this plugin does not show anything under edit profile.

My suggestion would be to get some standalone HTML looking as you want for an example output. Then you should be able to put the HTML before the first result in the "Add Prefix", the HTML between results in the "Add Delimiter" and the HTML after the last result in the "Add Suffix". Assuming the HTML between each result is the same, this should produce what you want.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago #133845 by Toots
Replied by Toots on topic Re:MySQL Field Type Plugin
thanks for your answer.

Now i know i can put html code in prefix, suffix and delimiter but it didn't solve my problem.

I created mysql field with simple request with multiple result and <br> in delmiter.I created combo list (drop down) with single select and i said to mysql field to save result in this combo but it doesn't work.

In fact i just want feed a drop down list with data from mysql database and i want it works like a normal CB drop down list.

I tried with fabrik component but it's more complex to works with cb and user managment.

(excuse my english ^^)

Post edited by: Toots, at: 2010/05/24 11:21

13 years 10 months ago #133847 by softforge
If your query is returning multiple results, then it wont save properly in a Drop Down (Single Select). Maybe you should try creating a Drop Down (Multi-select) instead. Note that you will need to use |*| as the delimiter and leave the prefix and suffix empty. Also make sure that the Drop Down (Multi-select) has every possible result pre-defined as an option so it displays correctly.

It may help to look at the jos_comprofiler table in phpMyAdmin to see how the data is saved.

If you like our plugins, please consider writing a review on the Joomla Extension Directory or the Community Builder Directory ...

13 years 10 months ago #133849 by Toots
i m sorry that it s not possible with drop down single select.

Also make sure that the Drop Down (Multi-select) has every possible result pre-defined as an option so it displays correctly.

I don't uderstand. If i must add values in drop down (multi select) mysql field is useless for me.

13 years 10 months ago #133850 by softforge
I think I understand what you want now. Do you want to dynamically add the options of a Drop Down (Single Select) so the user can select one? If so, you cannot do that with this plugin because the INSERT statement for saving the data only works on the jos_comprofiler table. The values for the Drop Down (Single Select) are stored in the jos_comprofiler_field_values table. If you are just using this plugin for just this 1 field, you could probably modify it to do what you want.

13 years 10 months ago #133854 by Toots
in fact, i just want feed a drop down by a table of my joomla database and use this drop down like a simple cb dropdown.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.370 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn