SMF 1.1 RC1.

18 years 3 months ago #1151 by JSalvador
SMF 1.1 RC1. was created by JSalvador
Is there a bridge for Community Builder and SMF 1.1 RC1 that is Simple Machines Forum? So that i can use it as a plug in?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #1349 by basic612
Replied by basic612 on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
We're looking for this functionality too and are about to embark on coding it ourselves. Reviewing posts on the SMF forums it seems that there is little interest or respect for CB from their end. :angry:

Just wondering if there is already a project underway to get SMF working with CB RC2 as I would rather be contributing to that effort than starting my own divergent project.

- Dan.

18 years 3 months ago #1350 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
basic12(Dan),
I am not aware of such a project.
So if you want the job its yours.
The CB Team will help you as much as time permits.
You can use the existing plugin as a guide but you still must create the bridge. You can probably use the API to work this out.

18 years 3 months ago #1362 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
basic612,

You might get in touch with Cowboy over at www.joomlahacks.com . He created a bridge and has hinted at doing mambot version of the bridge, not sure if he has any plans for CB intigration though.

Post edited by: rick, at: 2005/12/05 19:47

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 3 months ago #1387 by FerretLife
Replied by FerretLife on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
This has been an issue in the Joomlahacks forum since RC2 came out. I had SMF working fine bridged with Community Builder RC1. The bridge they use gives you the option to use the Joomla login, SMF Login, or CB login. I choose the CB Login and it worked great. Now with CB RC2, I have to log in manually to SMF, though it still syncs users.

I believe the bridge is just looking at/for the wrong CB login module. Would be great to get this working again!

18 years 3 months ago #1438 by basic612
Replied by basic612 on topic Re:SMF 1.1 RC1.
Hmmn. Looking in to this today I am thinking it makes more sense to hold off until SMF 1.1 RC2 eventually gets released. I don't have access to the betas so am hesitant to progress with developent prior to establishing if therre are significant changes.

Let's see what happens when the release comes up and Orsito's 3.20 bridge gets released at the same time. We will be looking to get CB RC2 and SMF RC2 integarated as soon as possible once those peices fall in to place.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.340 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn