phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #5629 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
fusion93,

The plugin is not intended to be a Joomla only plugin but I think it would only run on Joomla... In the GUI file it includes some of the backend files which includes joomla.php... with that in mind I think it would not work in Mambo... The curent under development version has the files more modular... so if we knew what changes had to be made to work in Mambo then they could be made so it works in both... I personally don't have Mambo installed anyway so I don't have a way to test it... Also I don't know if CB is guarenteed to work in Mambo anymore either...

So I would guess it would not work in Mambo... though not intentionally coded that way.

Hope this helps... if you decide to hack the plugin to attempt to make it work on Mambo then feel free to post comments on this forum or PM me... we can see if we can get it working... might be as simple as swithing out the "joomla.php" include for one with "mambo.php"... but you never know..

Greg

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2006/02/05 20:43

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #5630 by geeffland
Keith,

Currently the plugin is set up with phpBB and Joomla/CB in the same database. We do not currently support multiple databases. Some of this is do to our impot/export features linking phpBB and Joomla tables to know who is ready to import/export... Once better multiple DB support comes from Joomla (1.1 I think) then we may try to make it work with multiple databases and or sites.

Yes there are two downloads... (after Joomla and phpBB)... there is Community Builder which is the reason for this website... and then their is our phpBB Connector (a CB plugin). Both are available for download in the Downloads Area of this site... the plugin is under BETA (1st item in list) and the CB download is under CORE I think... Just Click on the Downloads menu at the top and peek around...

Hope this helps,
Greg

18 years 1 month ago #5642 by Boss_ACI
Replied by Boss_ACI on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Thanks Greg,

I'll uninstall phpbb and re-install into Joomla site/database. Once up and running, I'll follow the previouse directions on getting them to work together.
Again thanks for your patience... Off I go, wish me luck!

Keith
:cheer:

18 years 1 month ago #5644 by Macexcel
Replied by Macexcel on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Thanks for the help on that great I got it working now.

all my posts are back, Gald I only had about 100 posts,

Took a few days but converted from component to raw phpbb 2.019.

I think it works.

Thanks Again.
John

MacExcelsior

18 years 1 month ago #5662 by nuMarc
Does this plugin completely merge CB & phpBB? Can anybody explain me shortly, what the plugin exactly do.

Not enough cash for a sig :-(

18 years 1 month ago #5675 by geeffland
Here is a short list of what the plugin does? (after setup and published)
Base Plugin Features:
1) When a new user registers in CB they also get registered in phpBB
2) When a new user is activated they are also activated in phpBB
3) When a user is deleted in CB they will be deleted in phpBB (note there are delete settings in the plugin parameters)... User only gets deleted if they are sync'd with a CB user
4) When a user profile is updated in CB they are updated in phpBB (including Avatar)
5) When a user logs into CB they are a session is started in phpBB
6) When a user logs out of CB they their session or sessions in phpBB are ended
7) The users last posts are shown in a tab in their CB profile (Future will show subscriptions, and clean up the posts area a little bit... and either add scroll bars or pagination... no just shows last 40)
8) A control panel is accessible from within the plugin management screen.

Control Panel Features:
1) Show how 1st SuperAdmin in CB compares with first Admin in phpBB... allows to match up... (Future will handle multiple admins...)
2) Shows a list of the users currently sync'd up correctly between CB and phpBB
3) Shows a list of mathcing users (username and password) between CB and phpBB that are not sync'd up yet... Allows to match up
4) Shows a list of CB users that are not in the phpBB users database that are ready to export (no interference)... allows to export
5) Shows a list of phpBBB users that are not in the CB users database that are ready to import (no interference)... allows to import
6) Shows a list of the users that interfere between the CB and phpBB users databases (usernames match, but passwords differ)... Currently only shows these users... in the future it will allow you to do something with them (still undefined as to what to do though)

Requirements:
1) Joomla 1.0.4 or 1.0.7 (not 1.0.5 or 1.0.6... others may work... currently I don't think it works with Mambo but no testing for that)
2) CB 1.0 RC2 must be installed and setup
3) CB Login must be used versus the Joomla Login
4) Tested with phpBB 2.0.18 and 2.0.19... The phpBB Component is not supported at this time.
5) phpBB must be installed on the same website as CB and it must be installed in the same database as Joomla and CB.

I think I got it all... I need to post this somewhere so everyone can read it... Eventually it will all make it into the README file as well.

CB and phpBB remain seperate (seperate DB and code)... and the user currently must manually add a link to phpBB. The only hack required is to fix a bug in phpBB.

Hope this helps,
Greg

Post edited by: geeffland, at: 2006/02/06 17:27

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn