phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 months ago #5789 by Boss_ACI
Replied by Boss_ACI on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
THANKS GREG, :lol:

It's working perfectly!!!

I still need to work with phpbb look, but I think I can fix all that with matching or close matching templates.

I'm going to be adding the following:
a)Calender
b)Gallery
c)MyLanSite
Any recommendations?

Thanks

Keith

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #5791 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Keith,

a) ExtCalendar 0.9.1 (or newer if available now)
b) Just started using PonyGallery... I like but it needs a few things added/fixed... (still good enough to keep)
c) Don't know what that is...

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 months ago #5815 by fusion93
Replied by fusion93 on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
The plugin works great. A question I have is when I go to a user profile in CB and click on a phpBB link that is displayed on the users tab, it doesn't load up in the wrapper that I setup for my main menu, it just loads in an entirely new page. Any ideas how to get those links to load up inside the wrapper? or have I done something wrong? The second question is that none of the CB avatars are showing up in phpBB, even after I went into control panel and synced up all of the users as per the instructions. Stumped. :huh:
Thanks you for this great plugin!

-Mike :side:

18 years 2 months ago #5834 by geeffland
Mike,

Had not run across what you mention in the User Profile... actually had not thought about that part... I will add it as a feature request to make that link either open up in a wrapper or a new link... by use of a parameter in the plugins area... or do you think there should be a hyperlink on the user profile for each... Good idea/catch... Even good timing... I am currently (when I have free time) making our code more modular so some day in the future it can become a forum connector versus just phpBB... after that I am going to clean up the user profile a bit... add subscriptions, try to either paginate or add scrollbars so you can see all of your posts... clean it up a little to get rid of the vast "Untitled" collection... by adding the topic title before the message title...

CB Avatars in phpBB... I have not peeked at that part of the code yet... so I will have to defer that one to Martijn... I will send him an e-mail and let him know to check this post.

Here is a link to our tracker on Joomla Developer
developer.joomla.org/sf/tracker/do/listTrackers/projects.phpbb_connector/tracker

I would recommend to anyone interested to create an account on that site and log any bugs or feature requests. I don't think you need to join our project but you do need an account.

You can go here to create an account
developer.joomla.org/sf/sfmain/do/home

Thanks,
Greg

18 years 2 months ago #5930 by TAFFM
Hi Greg,

I took your word on that and created an account to log 2 future-requests B)

I'll summarize them here also:

1st: developer.joomla.org/sf/go/artf3436?nav=1
First off - great plugin.

Please can you try to also make the avatars syncable?

I.e.: User in CB allready has an avatar and it automatically gets inserted to phpbb also.
And also other way round - user selects Avatar in phpbb which gets then synced into CB as well

2nd: developer.joomla.org/sf/go/artf3437?nav=1
Is there a way you can modify the connector to completely sync the profiles?

For example: You will create the same Fields in CB as they are normally in phpBB and both profiles hold the exact same
data for the Forum ( user can also change his forum-profile in CB)

Additionally it would be great if the plugin could automatically create the needed Tabs and fields in CB upon install to
be ready to sync with a standard phpbb installation

Hope i did that right ??

Regards

Timo

18 years 2 months ago #5939 by geeffland
Timo,

There is a little bit of Avatar syncing in V1.0.2 Beta... but I have not dug into that code much so we can look into making it sync better both ways...

When you say completely sync the profiles... do you mean allow the users to set their phpBB profile from CB?? Martijn and I were thinking of ways we could allow that without filling up the CB table with all the profile data... so if that is what you want then let me know... we might do some custom parameters that directly set the phpBB values (and do not add to jos_comprofiler)

On your 3rd question... is the tabs and fields you mention here the same ones in Question #2 or are they different tabs and fields?

Thanks,
Greg

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn