phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 months ago #5947 by TAFFM
geeffland wrote:

Timo,

There is a little bit of Avatar syncing in V1.0.2 Beta... but I have not dug into that code much so we can look into making it sync better both ways...

I'd very much appreciate that - i think the usability gets better the more thing the user can do in only one system. I'll help the non-geeks if they only have to upload/choose their Avatar once. It's a pain inthe a.. to explain a non-experienced user why has to choose it twice on one domain ;)

When you say completely sync the profiles... do you mean allow the users to set their phpBB profile from CB?? Martijn and I were thinking of ways we could allow that without filling up the CB table with all the profile data... so if that is what you want then let me know... we might do some custom parameters that directly set the phpBB values (and do not add to jos_comprofiler)

It doesn't matter to me (i can't talk for others though)if you have CB-tables in the DB for each phpbb-table or only a "frontend" in CB to fill the phpbb-tables. What i am thinking of is that you just have to enter all the data in one system only - so you create a user in CB and the phpbb data gets filled in also upon creation.

On your 3rd question... is the tabs and fields you mention here the same ones in Question #2 or are they different tabs and fields?

Basically the same as in question 2. I just thought it might help to have CB write directly into the phpbb-tables so that you can either alter the data in your CB-Profile or in the Forum which doesn't have to be synced as it is only one table you are altering.

So i think the best way would be to have Fields in CB which represent the Fields you have in the phpBB-Profile and which also alter the phpbb-tables (different tables in phpbb and CB would create a need to also sync them whenever one gets changed)

My main need would be to only have to tell the user to go into his CB-Profile and set his parameters there for the complete site (joomla and phpbb) instead of telling him to alter data in different locations.

Hope i made it clearer this time :)

Thanks,
Greg

You are the creator of the plugin and i am just asking to have additional functions - for sure you are very welcome B)

Regards
Timo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 2 months ago #6350 by voidopolis
Replied by voidopolis on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I'm wondering if this has been successfully installed/tested on a windows/iis platform yet. I'm having trouble immediately after installtion.

[code:1]Notice: Undefined index: DOCUMENT_ROOT in d:\wwwroot\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_phpbbconnector\phpbbconnector.php on line 109

Warning: includephpbbfiles(/forum/extension.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in d:\wwwroot\components\com_comprofiler\plugin\user\plug_phpbbconnector\phpbbconnector.php on line 124
[/code:1]

and the a little later on the page it makes reference to

[code:1]Table '<mydatabase>.users' doesn't exist[/code:1]

Which I agree with. "users" does not exist. jos_users does.

any ideas?

18 years 2 months ago #6403 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
You are correct that this has not been tested much on IIS. I think Martijn has an IIS server to test on as well...

Here is some info on the Document_Root variable

us3.php.net/reserved.variables

It sounds like you should be able to add the variable into your php.ini file (assuming you have that access)

I think the second error you are seeing is trying to find phpbb_users... it just has to find the forum configuration file first and since it did not find DOCUMENT_ROOT then it did not find the config file. Hopefully this will be fixed once we get the first one working...

I am also open to coding the file so that it can find the equivalent directory in IIS without the variable... I just have not found a good method yet... I have seen some code based on getcwd() but this shows the current location of the file being processed and knowing how many directories to work backwards is the problem... we used to use $mosConfig_absolute_path and work backwards but this proved troublesome because some installed Joomla in the root directory and some in a subdirectory...

Let me know if you can get that variable added into your php.ini file (either by you or your host) if not then we can try to work up some workaround... worst case you can replace that line with a hardcoded value like

Original
$pathparts = explode("/",$_SERVER);
New
$pathparts = explode("/", "/usr/local/user/wwwroot");

just replace the "/usr/local/user/wwwroot" with your actual path to the root directory for your website. I am guessing based on your error that it should say

$pathparts = explode("/", "d:\wwwroot");

Hope this helps... let me know what happens
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 months ago #6475 by Teessider
Replied by Teessider on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
OK, when clicking on 'Plugin Control Panel', I get the pop up with the following error:

SQL errorDB function failed with error number 1146
Table 'joomla.users' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'
SQL =
SELECT count( * ) as total_record FROM users WHERE user_active = '1'

I notice its looking for joomla.users, but the table name is jos_users. Or is it supposed to be phpbb_users?

Any reason this isn't being picked up?

Thanx in advance :)

Post edited by: Teessider, at: 2006/02/16 17:50

www.Teessideonline.net - just completed a long term conversion plan to Joomla/CB - a big job!

18 years 2 months ago #6477 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
For that line of code it is looking for the phpbb_users table. The program reads the table prefix out of the config.php file... That file should have a line like (in my case on line 14)...

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';

if "joomla." is showing up as the prefix then my guess is that it is finding the config.php file (by way of common.php)... but my guess is that you have phpBB installed into a seperate database.

Currently for this plugin to work Joomla/CB and phpBB must be installed into the same database...

Does that sound correct or is there some other issue?

Let me know if there is another problem...

Thanks,
Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 2 months ago #6478 by Teessider
Replied by Teessider on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
No, must be another problem I think.

All in the same database. phpBB's config file is:

$table_prefix = 'phpbb_';

On line 14.

Unfortunately, can't tell you what the problem is, as it doesn't really make sense.

However, I have hacked around the problem by changing line 155 of phpbbgui.php from:
$phpBBtableprefix = $table_prefix;
to
$phpBBtableprefix = "phpbb_";

It works...but can't figure out the problem, but I'm pretty sure its something stupid that I'm going to be very embarressed about when I find out! ;)

www.Teessideonline.net - just completed a long term conversion plan to Joomla/CB - a big job!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn