phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 2 months ago #6512 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Is the forum directory set to the correct location? (on plugin managment screen)

What version of phpBB are you using?
Version of plugin (1.0.2 I assume since you have the GUI file)?

I would like to dig into and find out what happened on your install...

Only other thing that is coming to mind is that the $phpEx variable in extension.inc is set correctly... to match the extension on the common.php and other files....

Do you have any MODS on phpBB?

Greg

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #6899 by voidopolis
Replied by voidopolis on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
I've been struggling with this DOCUMENT_ROOT issue for a little bit. Now, I'll preface this: Im not a PHP programmer in any way.

From what I've been working on, using DOCUMENT_ROOT to find the location in the file structure seems to be giving me fits on Windows/IIS. You can set a DOC_ROOT within the PHP.ini file to the root of the web folder, but this cuases other virtual websites on the system to mis-behave. I'm wondering if there might be a different way to get the directory.

Would it be possible to use some Joomla variable as a reference?

I don't seem to have any other addins or portions of the core JOOMLA system that use the document_root. Could this help the PHPBB plugin be more stable on windows/IIS?

Thanks
Will

18 years 1 month ago #6905 by geeffland
Will,

We originally had the plugin basing the forum location off of the joomla $mosConfig_absolute_path. The problem we had with that was that if someone had their Joomla installed in a subdirectory then their answer to where the forum was had to be different than someone who had their Joomla installed in the root directory (DOCUMENT_ROOT)... so sometimes we had to subtract off the last directory and someimtes not...

I guess with lack of any better variables we could allow alternates of forum location

1) Current based on DOCUMENT_ROOT (relative to root of website)
2) Based on Joomla (relative to Joomla's install directory)
3) Full directory location (based on server)

Option #3 would be manually input starting at the root of the server... Would this be any easier to find in IIS?

How do those options sound? I'd have to peek at the code and see how many places calc that directory now (2 I think... 1 in the control panel and 1 in the main plugin file)...

If that sounds like a good method then maybe 1.0.3 could add those options.

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #6952 by voidopolis
geeffland wrote:

1) Current based on DOCUMENT_ROOT (relative to root of website)

2) Based on Joomla (relative to Joomla's install directory)

3) Full directory location (based on server)

Option #3 would be manually input starting at the root of the server... Would this be any easier to find in IIS?

How do those options sound? I'd have to peek at the code and see how many places calc that directory now (2 I think... 1 in the control panel and 1 in the main plugin file)...

Thanks for the continued support Greg. I'm not sure which would be best, but I was not having any luck with option #1. My original thinking was to have it based off the joomla's install directory, but as you indicated, that doesn't work for everyone. Either option 2 or 3 seem to provide some releaf to my problem.

I did poke through the code and hard-coded the changes in 2 places: [phpgui.php @ 144] and [phpconnector.php @ 109]

Although, I'm not 100% certain 109 is the place since I've done some modification to my phpconnector.php.

Thanks again!
Will

18 years 1 month ago #6960 by geeffland
If you have some good changes to the connector then PM me a copy (or if that doesn't work e-mail me a copy with notes about what you changed...

FWIW, The next release of the connector will have a user profile that looks a lot more like the forum tab for simpleboard... includes subscriptions, and has post sorted/paginated... have that code about 80% complete... If I recall correctly I think we have about 6-10 issues/features to finish before the next release... Right now Martijn and myself are a little low on our free time... so it won't be this week... maybe within the next month (but don't hold me to that)

I will add the other options onto of list of things to tweak before the next release...

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #7143 by voidopolis

If you have some good changes to the connector then PM me a copy (or if that doesn't work e-mail me a copy with notes about what you changed...

the only changes that I made were to hard code the location of the root with the code that you provided in the previous message.

Although things are working better, I still have one issue. When I login to the main site, a session gets created in PHPBB just fine, but when I visit the forum I am not logged in. I can see my username as a "Registered Users: <username>" but its not auto-logging me on. Ive tried this in IE and FireFox, they both have the same issue. I have also tried clearing my cache & cookies out before attemping again as well as from multiple machines and accounts.

The logout function works great and the create-user process works great as well.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.257 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn