phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available

18 years 1 month ago #7210 by cyberpark
Replied by cyberpark on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
Hello, and thanks for a great addon.

I have the addon on my Joomla v1.0.8 installation with phpBB v2.0.19, hosting a World of Warcraft guildsite. Works very good!

Just wondering if there is a plan to extend the functions ?

etc:
- administer the phpbb forum access from joomla (different forum categories memberships)
- to have a better registering with custom fields (don't know if this applies to Community builder registration or the connector itself)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 1 month ago #7219 by geeffland
Replied by geeffland on topic Re:phpBB Connector V1.0.2 Beta now available
PM me more details about what is happening and I will see if we can figure it out... may need to setup a test account on your server to peek around...

Sounds like you verified that a phpbb Session was started (by looking in the database I assume). Make sure the userid matches that of the phpbbid in your profile

Other than that it should check your machine's IP...

Let me know and we can check it out

CB3PD Developer - CB Connector (formerly phpBB Connector) plugin

18 years 1 month ago #7220 by geeffland
Feel free to log these as feature request in on tracker on SourceForge ... developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/phpbb_connector

Usergroups and some of that might be on the plan already... but I don't think they are... The registration stuff is in CB now... but there may be a feature request hidden in there of mating up a CB field with a phpBB field

Glad to hear things are working great...

Hopefully in the coming months we can get the next release out...

Greg

18 years 1 month ago #7237 by rick
Greg,

I have heard you mention once or twice that you might use the same framework to create an SMF connector. Have you given this any further thought? I love what you have done with the phpBB connector but I am not really a fan of phpBB. Thanks in advance for your response.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

18 years 1 month ago #7247 by geeffland
LONG ANSWER: (Short answer below)
Actually the under development code (not version 1.0.2) basically supports a "plugin" type system where all of the forum specific code goes into one specific file. There is not currently an option to choose which plugin to use and phpBB is hardcoded at the moment. I passed (now an older version) or the under development code to Wolverine who is working on an SMF bridge. My hope was to get him to adopt our plugin approach and get him to do at least the first pass of coding for SMF. But even if he doesn't do that we would code it up eventually...

Plans are also on the table to support phpBB Component...

But before Martijn or myself add either we want to mature up the features of the plugin... I have spent a good deal of time making sure all forum specific code was in a seperate php file (and class) and added a simplified plugin architecture.

Recently I have been polishing up the User Profile Tab making it look more like that of the SB plugin with subscriptions and posts (pagination and sorting)... In the development code those features are there just need to tighten up subscriptions so that only the actual user can see them... and then hook up the "unsubscribe" links... pagination, etc. with the posts is implemented... not sure I understand the search feature that they put in though...

Even toying with adding xAjax into the plugin to do some immediate feedback stuff like unsubscribe (then update list) or for import/export or users...

SHORT ANSWER:
Yes we will extend out connector to cover multiple forums. Currently SMF, phpBB Component, and of course phpBB will be included... I have even thought about making it work with SB and maybe replace the CB forum plugin... not talked with Beat or anyone about that though so that is just speculation.

If you have any other feature requests then log them on our tracker at
developer.joomla.org/sf/projects/phpbb_connector

Starting to get more good ideas for feature requests.

18 years 1 month ago #7254 by rick
Greg,

Thanks for the quick and very extensive reply. I and many others have pretty much lost the full use of our forums do to some changes in the new CB RC2 login. None of the current bridges function properly with that login hence many of us have been linping for 2 or months so it is very frustrating. If it would speed things up at all I would be willing to start a campaign to get some donations headed your way. Thanks for all you are doing.

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.339 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn