mod_cblogin452 and uddeIM

18 years 3 months ago #2457 by benjamin
mod_cblogin452 and uddeIM was created by benjamin
Some users pointed out, that while the original PMS plugin of CB1 RC2 supports uddeIM so that you only need to choose uddeIM as your preferred private messaging system in the backend, the login module mod_cblogin452 does not yet.

Here's help:
mod_cblogin452_uddeim

Please post here if you wonder anything or need help with it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #2551 by motohero
Replied by motohero on topic Re:mod_cblogin452 and uddeIM
ben

unfortunately when i tried to do this i received an error that it was already installed, but i was able to click continue. nothing seemed to have happened. the doc said that you did not need to uninstall, but to simply unpublish. any thoughts?

i would also like to add that i am using:
mod_cbloginrc2 Site JoomlaJoe and Beat 1.0 RC 2 2005-11-14

Post edited by: motohero, at: 2005/12/20 22:19

so after doing a bit more work, i found that there is a new version of uddeim out there, so i downloaded it, and after removing the com_uddeim directories, and cleaning up the mess from unzipping this component and unzipping it in a specil directory - i am having a problem loading the new component. the error is:
SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name 'expires' SQL=ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim` ADD `expires` int(11) default NULL, ADD `disablereply` int(1) NOT NULL default '0', ADD `systemmessage` varchar(60), ADD `archived` int(1) NOT NULL default '0';
SQL =

ALTER TABLE `jos_uddeim`
ADD `expires` int(11) default NULL,
ADD `disablereply` int(1) NOT NULL default '0',
ADD `systemmessage` varchar(60),
ADD `archived` int(1) NOT NULL default '0';
ive verified all the permissions, but no dice. what gives? anyone? uddeim is nice, but is it worth all the hassle?

Post edited by: motohero, at: 2005/12/20 22:58

Post edited by: motohero, at: 2005/12/20 23:19

18 years 3 months ago #2596 by benjamin
Replied by benjamin on topic Re:mod_cblogin452 and uddeIM
Hi motohero,

motohero wrote:

unfortunately when i tried to do this i received an error that it was already installed, but i was able to click continue.

This is the standard behaviour of Joomla. It offers a 'Continue' link if it fails to install a module.

Since the mod_cblogin452_uddeim uses unique file names, the probable cause for Joomla telling you that the module already was installed is that it already was installed. You might have clicked twice.

If you find mod_cblogin452_uddeim in your site modules list, then delete it and try to install it again. If not, look into your modules directory (yourjoomlainstallation/modules) and delete all files that have file names starting with mod_cblogin452_uddeim. Then try again.

the doc said that you did not need to uninstall, but to simply unpublish. any thoughts?

This is correct. There is no need to uninstall other login modules, just unpublish them. Of course you must not forget to publish the mod_cblogin452_uddeim module.

so after doing a bit more work, i found that there is a new version of uddeim out there, ...

A CB login module and the uddeim component are two completely independent pieces of software.

... so i downloaded it, and after removing the com_uddeim directories, and cleaning up the mess from unzipping this component and unzipping it in a specil directory - i am having a problem loading the new component. the error is:
SQL Error DB function failed with error number 1060
Duplicate column name

You have tried to install a uddeIM 0.4 version although (maybe another) uddeIM 0.4 version already existed on your system. The readme file states that you must not do that! There is a patch available instead.

The good news is, the error message did tell you, that a database table needed to run the uddeIM version you installed already existed - that's better than the other way round.

There are two ways now to make sure you have a clean and working uddeIM installation.

If you do not have any messages in your uddeim database that you want to save, do that:
  • Uninstall the uddeim component from the backend
  • Check that the directories yourjoomla/administrator/components/com_uddeim and yourjoomla/components/com_uddeim are really gone. If not, delete them manually.
  • Go to your database and delete the tables jos_uddeim, jos_uddeim_emn and jos_uddeim_blocks. jos might be something else on your system
  • Install uddeIm 0.4c
  • Apply the uddeIM 0.4e patch

If you do have messages in your uddeim database that you want to save, do that:
  • Go to your database and rename the tables jos_uddeim, jos_uddeim_blocks and jos_uddeim_emn to jos_uddeim_safety, jos_uddeim_blocks_safety and jos_uddeim_emn_safety. jos might be something else on your system.
  • Uninstall the uddeim component from the backend
  • Check that the directories yourjoomla/administrator/components/com_uddeim and yourjoomla/components/com_uddeim are really gone. If not, delete them manually.
  • Install uddeIm 0.4c
  • Apply the uddeIM 0.4e patch
  • Go to your database and delete the tables jos_uddeim, jos_uddeim_emn and jos_uddeim_blocks. jos might be something else on your system
  • Change the names of the tables you renamed in the first step to their original names.

uddeim is nice, but is it worth all the hassle?

The component uddeIM uses standard joomla installation routines. It's exactly as much hassle to install as any other component. Always peek into readme files.

For users rather new to Mambo/Joomla, the differences between components and modules and the interdependencies of real existing files in the components/modules directories with their corresponding entries in the jos_modules, components, menu tables might be confusing.

At least, in the beginning, they were for me. But I'm sure if you continue to work with Mambo/Joomla you will soon find it is one of the easiest content management systems around.

The problem here was that you tried to upgrade uddeIM 0.4older to uddeIM 0.4newer instead of using the patch and although there was no need to upgrade in the first place as you had problems with a CB login module and not the uddeIM component.

I hope I could help. Please get back if you continue to have problems installing module/component.

18 years 3 months ago #2597 by motohero
Replied by motohero on topic Re:mod_cblogin452 and uddeIM
Ben

Thank you for the very thorough response. I will make this work with your great input and post up when all is resolved and uddeim is happy!! Again thank you very much for your very thorough response.

-Jason

18 years 3 months ago #3673 by TUSE
Replied by TUSE on topic Re:mod_cblogin452 and uddeIM
Where do you choose uddeIM as your preferred private messaging system in the backend? I could not find this anywhere.

18 years 3 months ago #3679 by rick
Replied by rick on topic Re:mod_cblogin452 and uddeIM
In the login module that this whole thread is talking about. Just open the modules, select the login module. then change the settings to udde

Rick

Running:
Joomla! 1.0.7 Stable
Community Builder 1.0 rc2
SMF 1.1 RC2

Moderators: beatnantslabbikrileon
Time to create page: 0.199 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn