Field delimiter for Newsletters (YANC)

18 years 3 months ago #812 by Lurker73
Field delimiter for Newsletters (YANC) was created by Lurker73
Hi,

I justed installed CB RC2 with Yanc and looks very good already!

I have just some problems with the new users registration screen in combination with the field type "field delimiter". I set it up this way:

[Welcome Text]
Contact Area (standard Registration fields)

[Field Delimiter = Personal Data]
City

[Field Delimiter = Newsletters]

o Newsletter 1
0 Newsletter 2
o Newsletter 3

Well, so you see I would like to have some heading and text between the "Personal Data" and the "Newsletters" part. When I create the delimiter I have to assign it to a Tab. The Newsletter Component is not available in the Tab List, so I assigned it to the last Tab (Personal Data) and moved it to the end.

That looks fine during registration, but when I go to the "change profile" screen after registration, the delimiter text for my Newsletters is shown on the Personal Data Tab.

Does somebody know another way to get a delimter text in front of the newsletter part?

Thanks,
Lurker

Please Log in to join the conversation.

18 years 3 months ago #1067 by Lurker73
Replied by Lurker73 on topic Re:Field delimiter for Newsletters (YANC)
Hi, it's me again :-)

it seems like this is not possible, so I will go live without this seperator line. Nonetheless I would be happy if somebody could confirm that. Hmm, I'm just wondering if maybe knowbody understood my problem, sometimes it is difficult to explain things in english ...

And I have another question, is it possible that the newsletter flag is set by default during registration?

Kind Regards,
Lurker

18 years 3 months ago #1773 by beat
Lurker73 wrote:

Hi,

I justed installed CB RC2 with Yanc and looks very good already!

I have just some problems with the new users registration screen in combination with the field type "field delimiter". I set it up this way:

[Welcome Text]
Contact Area (standard Registration fields)

[Field Delimiter = Personal Data]
City

[Field Delimiter = Newsletters]

o Newsletter 1
0 Newsletter 2
o Newsletter 3

Well, so you see I would like to have some heading and text between the "Personal Data" and the "Newsletters" part. When I create the delimiter I have to assign it to a Tab. The Newsletter Component is not available in the Tab List, so I assigned it to the last Tab (Personal Data) and moved it to the end.

That looks fine during registration, but when I go to the "change profile" screen after registration, the delimiter text for my Newsletters is shown on the Personal Data Tab.

Does somebody know another way to get a delimter text in front of the newsletter part?

Thanks,
Lurker

This tracker artifact including its discussion explains how the ordering on registration page works in RC2, and how to specify order.

Ordering is basically by tab ordering number, then within each tab by field ordering number (the position ordering is missing, compared to user profile view). So you need to set the numbers right..

The newsletters registration is a "tab" by itself, which also has a tab ordering number.

Hope this helps understanding,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 3 months ago #2035 by Lurker73
Dear Beat,

thank you for your answer, but actually I have no issue with the ordering of the entries. My problem is this:

In the "tabs" view in Backend I have a tab (tabmain) called "Newsletters". This tab was created by the YANC plugin I guess.

Now I change to the fields view and try to create a new field, the field type is "field delimiter". I try to assign this field to the "Newsletters" tab, but this is not possible as this tab does not appear in the drop-down box.

So first it seems like it is not possible to assign fields to tabs created by plugins, but I use also the simpleboard component on my page, and the "Forum Settings" tab does appear there!

So the question is, why can I assign fields to the Forum Settings but not to the Newsletter settings? Both are plugins. Thanks for any help!

Kind Regards,
Lurker

18 years 3 months ago #2138 by beat
Lurker73 wrote:

So the question is, why can I assign fields to the Forum Settings but not to the Newsletter settings? Both are plugins. Thanks for any help!

The difference is that the Forum Settings tab is not created by the plugin, but by SimpleBoard/JoomlaBoard (that was already the case before RC2), while the other one is from the Plugin itself.

The Forum Settings tab is a "normal" tab, and the settings fields are "normal" fields which can be moved around (and messed with), while the "forum plugin tab" is a plugin-only tab.

The other difference, is that the Forum Settings tab uses standard fields, and thus accepts also other standard fields, while the other tab has been created by the plugin itself.

If you are desperate for adding fields to plugin tabs, you may *try* if you are familiar with MySQL management, please be careful, it's experimental, but seems to work (backup your database first): you can try setting the "fields" field of the Forum tab of __comprofiler_tabs table to 1. This makes the Forum table appear in the drop-down list and will allow you to add fields. On plugin uninstall, the tab will normally not be deleted if it has normal fields on it. You cannot change the ordering between plugin html output and your fields.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

18 years 3 months ago #2450 by Lurker73
Hi Beat,

thanks for the explanation, that is clear to me now :-) I tried to set the fields value to 1 and I could assign the new field to the Newsletter tab now!

It looks good during registration (the field is on the top of the Standard-HTML output). Unfortunately the ordering is different in the profile view (the field is below the HTML output), but I think that's good enough for my purposes!

Thanks again,
Lurker

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn