Import Invites - Component + Plugins

17 years 3 months ago #28435 by undoIT
Replied by undoIT on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
This is a bit off-topic but does anybody know if there are plans to make SEF a core component in Joomla eventually (besides the limited SEF that is already built in). I find that OpenSEF and Artio Joomsef are often problematic and whenever you need to upgrade a component or module it is most likely not going to work with either package. And, I often have to hunt around for all these hacks to get things working properly. Joomla really needs SEF as a core component!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

17 years 3 months ago #28444 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
Hi folks!
This is with regards to PlaxoInvite working with 3rd Party SEF components. I am currently having a hard time understanding why it does not work with these SEF components, yet has no problems with Joomla's generic SEF. The plugin itself does not require SEF at all. But rest assured, I am determined to get to the bottom of this :angry:

Regards, Mike

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

17 years 3 months ago #28453 by p9939068
Replied by p9939068 on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
And in barely 1 hour after posting this, i found the solution to the problem that's bugging me for a long time! :woohoo:

I was halfway making a plugin when it hit on me what's causing the problem with 3rd party SEF components. Will be sending the updates to all customers :)

While i'm on it, just a heads up: I'm currently making a free Profile URL plugin. It's something like the current profile URL, with a few key differences:
- (pros) Allows users to change their URLs (just like friendster!)
- (pros) URL change is done in AJAX and real time
- (pros) Works for Windows IIS
- (pros) A genuine 404 throws a 404 error, instead of showing the "profile does not exist" error.
- (cons) URL changes in browser (since it's a header redirection). Unless some htaccess experts know a fix, i guess i'm pretty much stuck with this.

I'm making this plugin cus it's really important for me to allow my users to edit their own profile URL. Will announce it when it's completed :)

Mike Feng
Creator of SIMGallery, SIMAnswers, and ParaInvite
www.simbunch.com
twitter.com/simbunch

17 years 3 months ago #28911 by syrous
Replied by syrous on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
Looking forward to the Profile URL.

We purchased the invite plugin for our site and so far it is working well. Good job!
My only question about the plugin is why it will only take e-mails stored locally and not grab hotmail contacts directly from hotmail. (which is more a plaxo issue, but im curious)

17 years 3 months ago #29275 by chris.n
Replied by chris.n on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
I also have installed PlaxoInvite on my website. Works fine, good job Mike.

The only request was to move the invite / tracker code to a separate component insted of the CB plugin... See Mike's forum post at mike.simbunch.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=55.0

17 years 3 months ago #29277 by Flipsider
Replied by Flipsider on topic Re:Import Invites - Component + Plugin
if you post about Plaxoinvite you should also post it in the right Topic :)

De-Karma me... if you dare...
CB Xbox Gamercard Plugin (Gone] - CB Xbox Gamercard Module (Gone)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.511 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn